Discussion topic: Moved house by using my sky app. No broadband now.

This message was authored by Darrell4 This message was authored by: Darrell4

Moved house by using my sky app. No broadband now.

Tiger. Moved house via my sky app. Contract changed without my say so. Now broadband out of contract. Spoke to sky and now I haven't got any internet. Spoke to them later and someone hasn't done there job properly. So I have to wait and keep checking. Not impressed at all. Some of the operators can't be bothered to help you. Raise the octane slightly and they cut you off. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Moved house by using my sky app. No broadband now.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Darrell4 moving a broadband connection from one address to another is not a simple process and involves multiple steps an issue with any one of which can cause delay. Sky cannot do most of the work which is down to Openreach who own and manage the network Sky and other ISPs use to connect you. That is not an excuse for your issue but may explain why these things do go wrong, that most work properly is not a consolation when your move goes wrong.. 

When talking to customer service agents it is important not to "raise the octane" as most every company instructs their staff to cut the call  they consider a customer is getting abusive this isnt unique to Sky. If you want you can raise a formal complaint but remember Sky hold recordings of the call so can check excatly wghat was said and the company has a legal duty to protect its staff.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion