Discussion topic: Limiting WiFi usage for teens?

This message was authored by KezJJ This message was authored by: KezJJ

Limiting WiFi usage for teens?

Is there a way to temporarily block WiFi access to a particular device or devices?  Seems this may be the only discipline method left for problem teens.

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Limiting WiFi usage for teens?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@KezJJ 

Parental Controls are built into the white Sky Max Hub, available to Sky Broadband subscribers who add the 'WiFi Max' supplement at an additional monthly cost.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-wifi-max-parental-controls 

Older black Sky Q and Sky Broadband Hubs no longer have access to Broadband Buddy, the previous control app which used to be a component of the 'Broadband Boost' add-on.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
KezJJ
Topic Author

I have the older black Sky Q router, but when I go to the My Sky account, there are no upgrade options available to me and no mention of WiFi Max.

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@KezJJ if you have Sky Q TV boxes the new hub isn't compatable so doesn't appear as an option.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
KezJJ
Topic Author

That's not very good then.  So I can't actually follow through with my threats to restrict their WiFi access, because my sky box's are a couple of years old. 😞 

I don't think I have the option to upgrade to anything else in my area as it's too rural.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion