Discussion topic: Internet light flashes amber no internet connection

MichaelPDR
Topic Author
This message was authored by MichaelPDR This message was authored by: MichaelPDR

Re: Internet light flashes amber no internet connection

Thanks @Chrisee. They think the issue is indoors as opposed to outdoors and having changed cables and plugged a cable directly from the master socket to the router, the problem still persists. So the issue lies with either the router and/or master socket.

The master socket doesn't have a test socket so not sure if that's "old" and likely due an upgrade. I still don't understand how it worked one minute and hasn't worked since!?

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MichaelPDR old wiring can do odd things llike a dodgy connection giving upmthe ghost who knows. The engineer should be carrying  test equipment and donthis stuff everyday. However a lot of fault finding is replacing things until the fault goes away. The solution is fibre to your home and doing away with copper cables which can be decades old and were never designed to carry high speed data. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
MichaelPDR
Topic Author
This message was authored by MichaelPDR This message was authored by: MichaelPDR

Thanks @Chrisee. Sounds like there's nothing more I can do until the engineer arrives?

This message was authored by SeanFreeman This message was authored by: SeanFreeman

Pretty sure the same is happening to me now, tried to set up the phone and now internet is blinking orange, presume there is a problem with my 90s master socket that still says Eircom on it. Will ring sky in the morning but when you booked an engineer, did they take long to arrive? 

I will be without internet until they can solve the problem so I'm hoping it's quick 🤔

Thanks for your detailed first post!

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@SeanFreeman not 100% certain on EiRComs Service Level for domestic lines but in the UK Openreach only offer fix after 2 working days after the report to give a rough guide.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Luke1303 This message was authored by: Luke1303

No but mine is doing the exact same so annoying 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion