Discussion topic: Internet just dropped

This message was authored by JoeTyson This message was authored by: JoeTyson

Internet just dropped

Internet just dropped at about 2:45am. Everytime I do a connection test on the app it says that everything is fine. When it obviously isn't. This isn't the first time this has happened but sky don't want to know about it and blame my devices.

All Replies

This message was authored by HuNtOziO This message was authored by: HuNtOziO

Re: Internet just dropped

Same here, dropped and it won't come back. Says connection is ok, but it clearly isnt, **bleep**. 

This message was authored by Shell112 This message was authored by: Shell112

Internet has dropped again, not great when you're working a night shift. 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Shell112 , @JoeTyson & @HuNtOziO line drops overnight are usually linked to work being done on the network. Unfortunately the work has to be done sometime and 2 to 5am is the time when the fewest people are online.  

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by matt73 This message was authored by: matt73

my connection stopped last night about 6 pm and was going on and off. i turned my pc off thinking its just maintenance, this morning twice it has gone off again last time about 10 minutes ago. this is a DA postcode.

This message was authored by PeteS66 This message was authored by: PeteS66

I know that our internet does drops out at times, and I suspect its quite often. I do need continuous suply for my devices (EV chargers). Can I get a service report for the last 4 weeks to details outages?

This message was authored by matt73 This message was authored by: matt73

update on mine i suspect it was maintenance as its not happened since the last time on my last post.

despite sky saying there was no maintenance going on.

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

@PeteS66 wrote:

I know that our internet does drops out at times, and I suspect its quite often. I do need continuous suply for my devices (EV chargers). Can I get a service report for the last 4 weeks to details outages?

Your router log should show that

What EV charger needs high uptime? Ours (Andersen) complains but remembers the schedule etc as last retrieved until the connection is restored. Is it via Octopus Intelligent or something?

Thanks Chodley. Good to know. It's a Zappi2 on Octopus Go, but may have its own connection issues that I am now sorting. The router shows connection for 388 hours, but can I get a longer term report that shows beyond the last outage? TIA.

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Don't know, probably not. Likely depends on router. 388 hours uptime (if no disconnects shown) is decent though. 2 weeks. You'd think no serious systemic problems if it stays connected that long. Did you reboot it 388 hours ago or did it screw up?

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@PeteS66 the log file on the Hub has limited length but the WAN up time on the Hub's connection stats ( see Find your Sky Broadband router statistics ) will reset each time the line reconnects. The system up time resets when the hub is restarted.  Depending on the type of service you have uptimes of well over 1,000 hours are not unusual, my own full fibre system last reset over a month back when I restarted the hub myself - sensible thing to do occasionally with all electronic kit. 

However services delivered over copper are continually monitored for line errors and can be reset remotely by the DLM system in the cabinet each night if conditions vary. Sky will themselves trigger an occasional reconnection and even a remote reboot as part of their housekeeping to install new firmware etc.

No ISP will gurantee a 24/7 connection but any well designed app should not turn up its toes if it cannot connect for a few minutes.  

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Thank you Chrissy and Chodley. That's very re-assuring: seems fine then. I shall just monitor for a while. Many thanks.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion