Discussion topic: Internet cutting out every 10 minutes

This message was authored by virmana This message was authored by: virmana

Internet cutting out every 10 minutes

I am using wifi, and the internet (not the signal) cuts out every 10 minutes. The page will forever 'reload' until it 'snaps' back after some time, like 2-3 minutes. At some points, i notice google might load, but sky.com doesn't. Weird. What should i do ? I have fibre broadband 500mb. I used to pay 110 euro a month, now i pay 80 a month because i just didn't want to pay for the inconsistency and unreliability. I'm not sure if it's interference next door, or what. How can i diagnose it?

All Replies

virmana
Topic Author

Re: Internet cutting out every 10 minutes

When i was posting this thread, facebook wasn't loading, it said it was taking too long to respond; but youtube was loading.

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @virmana 

Please post your router stats

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
virmana
Topic Author

Screenshot_1334.png

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@virmana sounds like a possible DNS or routing issue, power down your hub for roughly an hour as that should get you a different connection on Sky's network which should hopefully clear the fault. The reboot will also make the hub to find the least congested wifi channel.

If the fault continues can you check if your devices connected by ethernet have the same issue which would rule out wifi issues..

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
virmana
Topic Author

@Chrisee I've not had issues today, but good point about the ethernet. I will try your suggestions and get back to you. A few days ago i did look at wifi channels, but it looks like no devices (other than sky hub and sky q) were interfering.

Thanks.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion