Discussion topic: Internet connection keeps dropping out on Sky Q mini box in summer house

This message was authored by Steve123456 This message was authored by: Steve123456

Internet connection keeps dropping out on Sky Q mini box in summer house

I have a Sky Q box and 2 mini boxes in the house. I have a third mini box in my summer house where the internet connection is poor and unreliable, therefore often unable to connect to my WIFI affecting viewing. I have a WIFI extender also in the house but the mini box only links to the main house router via the other Sky Q/mini boxes. I just don't know how I can boost the WIFI from the main router to get a good signal in the summer house, as won't connect to the extender. I've read mini boxes can act as hotspots but when I look at advanced settings on my Sky TV it lists automatic or manual IP addresses. There is no option to turn them mini boxes on as hotspots as I've read.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, I would be extremely grateful.

Thanks

Steve

All Replies

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Re: Internet connection keeps dropping out on Sky Q mini box in summer house

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Steve123456 

You need to connect the Mini box in the summerhouse via ethernet. Trying to push the Sky Q mesh out of your house into an exterior building without a cable is just asking for trouble and will likely never work reliably.

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion