Discussion topic: Installation

This message was authored by Prishrenu10 This message was authored by: Prishrenu10

Installation

Hi, I am new with sky be fore I was with virgin media. When I signed contract with sky 1st day from sky they booked an engineer for 19th April then they said we will active online on 22nd April. No one came on both date. When I received my equipment I conancted my self to activate in my home very old sky socket. It's upstairs in one box room do not getting broadband in whole house in the kitchen and all rooms.

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Installation

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Prishrenu10 most broadband activations are done remotely unless a new line needs installing. You can ask Sky to get your telephone master socket moved. Before doing that check you are using the master socket rather than an extention point, the master socket carries Openreach or BT branding as it is their network Sky use. If your line is run overhead it is possible the mater socket is upstairs but normally they are on the ground floor often in the hall. 

Sky can normally arrange to move the socket for a fee but any internal cabelling is ran along skirting round doors etc the engineere wont lift floors etc. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion