Discussion topic: Installation time - 3 weeks about right?

This message was authored by Gregster100 This message was authored by: Gregster100

Installation time - 3 weeks about right?

Just exchanged on a house and completion is next week. Ordered Sky for the new place (current owners already have sky broadband) but Sky is telling me installation of broadband and tv cant take place for 3 weeks. How am I meant to work with no broadband?. I know I could cancel during the cooling off period... but are any other providers likely to be quicker or should I just hold out? 

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Installation time - 3 weeks about right?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Gregster100  You will have the earliest date provided by Openreach, any provider using the same network won't get you a quicker install.  I'm afraid working from home is irrelevant when your dealing with a domestic provider.

Unless there is a n Altnet such as Virgin Media, CityFibre etc who may have quicker installs you'll be stuck with the date provided.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Gregster100 there is a minimum leadtime for broadband of 14 days so 3 weeks is a little long but not unusual. The fact the previous residents had Sky is unfortunately irrelevant as it is Openreach who do the work of disconnecting and reconnecting so who the 2 ISPs are doesnt matter.

The fact you choose to use what is sold as a domestic connection for work doesnt change the priority.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by daveNOS This message was authored by: daveNOS

@Gregster100 Any provider that uses the Openreach network will have a minimum lead time of 14 days(its an OfCom requirement) for broadband and talk installs and activation, if Openreach are particularly busy in your area then its not uncomon for that to be longer.

The fact you work from home has zero bearing on it as you are signed up to a domestic only service with a low priority service agreement(same with the majority of providers who use the Openreach network for domestic connections).

-------- Please note i am not a Sky employee ----------

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion