Discussion topic: I just ordered wifi broadband and they came to my house and set up the line but my broadband was del

This message was authored by Oscartran This message was authored by: Oscartran

I just ordered wifi broadband and they came to my house and set up the line but my broadband was del

I just ordered wifi broadband and they came to my house and set up the line but my broadband was delayed in delivery. The next day I got broadband when I did all the instructions to connect even though it said connected but I couldn't access the bandwidth password, can anyone tell me how to make it work? dynamic

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: I just ordered wifi broadband and they came to my house and set up the line but my broadband was

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Oscartran  You don't need a broadband password you do need a password to access the wifi network of the hub,  the wifi password is printed on a label on the back of or underneath the hub. 

Have you looked at the hub for the wifi password?

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Oscartran
Topic Author

Re: I just ordered wifi broadband and they came to my house and set up the line but my broadband was

I tried to enter the hub's password many times but couldn't get in.

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Oscartran be careful the wifi password must becentered exactly as printed make sure you haven't muddled up a number with a letter or vice versa as a O looks very like the number 0. Devices can get confused so try telling your phone to forget the connection then reboot the phone and try again

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Oscartran
Topic Author

I signed up for a wifi package and they activated the bandwidth for me and they didn't connect the broadband to the boadband hub. I need someone to come set it up for me please

Oscartran
Topic Author

I signed up for a wifi package and they activated the bandwidth for me and they didn't connect the b

Tôi đã đăng ký gói wifi và họ đã kích hoạt băng thông cho tôi và họ không kết nối băng thông rộng với trung tâm băng thông rộng. Tôi cần ai đó đến thiết lập nó cho tôi

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: I signed up for a wifi package and they activated the bandwidth for me and they didn't connect t

"I signed up for a wifi package and they activated the bandwidth for me and they did not connect the broadband to the broadband hub. I need someone to come set it up for me"

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: I signed up for a wifi package and they activated the bandwidth for me and they didn't connect t

@Oscartran 

For FTTC broadband there isn't any installer attendance at the subscription address: the customer is expected to plug in the Hub themselves.

@Oscartran 

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/set-up-hub-which-sky-hub-do-you-have 

@Oscartran 

As in your other post: for FTTC broadband (or existing FTTP) there's no installer attendance at the subscription address.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/set-up-hub-which-sky-hub-do-you-have 

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Oscartran  You need to connect the hub yourself, they won;t send an engineer for this as it's a straight forward process as per the link posted by @TimmyBGood 

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Oscartran
Topic Author

i tried and my broadband hub has a password problem i tried to access it many times but couldn't. They said they would send me a new one

@Oscartran wrote:

They said they would send me a new one

In which case you'll have to wait for that to happen, which isn't likely to be until next week.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion