Discussion topic: How to connect ASUS AC mesh to Sky Stream

This message was authored by PChucks This message was authored by: PChucks

How to connect ASUS AC mesh to Sky Stream

I have just switched from Virgin Media to Sky. Can anyone help me with how I setup an ASUS AC mesh router (+ additional nodes) with Sky Stream? Thanks in advance.

All Replies

This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

Re: How to connect ASUS AC mesh to Sky Stream

@PChucks 

Asus mesh is independent of Sky Stream, the Sky Stream service will connect to either a standard alone Asus or a mesh with the correct wireless credentials.

If you are trying to set up Asus mesh with Sky FTTP broadband then you need to set it up with DHCP Option 61 with credentials 'anything@skydsl|anything' without the single quotes under the WAN connection on Asus selecting Automatic IP for DHCP Option 61 parameter field to show.

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: How to connect ASUS AC mesh to Sky Stream

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@PChucks 

Note that 'Sky Stream' is the brand name of the Sky subscription television product delivered online to a 'puck': it's not the broadband service.

Sky confuses people by offering their broadband (heavily discounted at the present time) when prospective users are going through the Stream ordering process: these are actually separate contracts.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion