Discussion topic: Fibre broadband dropping out

This message was authored by Romeo+W This message was authored by: Romeo+W

Fibre broadband dropping out

IMG_7480.jpeg

Here is a photo of my router stats. Can any see any reason why my hub needs resetting every couple of weeks, sometimes a couple times a day? The up time (24hoirs is how long since the last reboot. 

All Replies

This message was authored by JimM1 This message was authored by: JimM1

Re: Fibre broadband dropping out

@Romeo+W Can you explain what the issue is that is causing you to have to reboot the router.

See that you are on full fibre, using only LAN connection to the router so assume you have a mesh system connected for wifi or not using it at all. If you have lock-up of the router broadband next time

just try to disconnect the Ethernet connection at the router for the WAN on port 4, then connect it again

and see if the connection re-establishes itself.

Romeo+W
Topic Author

The voice light in the hub goes sokid orange and we have no broadband. Sky have replaced the hub but it still happens. We do use a mesh system so the hub only handles the wired connections. Do these stats show anything wrong so I can contact Sky?

This message was authored by JimM1 This message was authored by: JimM1

@Romeo+W Your stat's do not show anything wrong, when you next have an issue, and the voice light is orange, please do not power off the router to reset. TRY removing the Ethernet cable to the ONT at either router or the ont, then put it back on and see if the broadband reconnects. There was an issue with voice system at sky equipment to cause your issue, and also reported by another user that ONT fault also causes similar type fault. Fix was able to remove ethernet cable and re apply, or also power off/on to clear. Report back your findings

Romeo+W
Topic Author

Thank you. Will do. 

Romeo+W
Topic Author

The broadband dropped out again today so tried your tip. It worked. Thank you. Still not impressed that it drops out. Most unreliable broadband I've ever had. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion