Discussion topic: Dell Computer Doesnt recognise the ethernet connection tonSky Hub

This message was authored by DomA This message was authored by: DomA

Dell Computer Doesnt recognise the ethernet connection tonSky Hub

I've just switched to Sky Fibre, running various bits on WiFi and two separate ethernet connections - one to the TV/X-Box and the other to the home office. The WiFi is fine, the TV etc is fine, all just plug and play. The home office though will not recognise the connection.  Google search comes up with issues a number of years ago but nothing recently. I've tried updating / rebooting, changing ports etc but nothing seems to help. I can connect the computer using the WiFi no problems. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Dell Computer Doesnt recognise the ethernet connection tonSky Hub

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@DomA go into the Network settings for the ethernet network adapter on the Dell and check that is srt to get settings automatically from the Sky hub. If you need more help post which version of Windows you are running as that will help forum experts advise.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
DomA
Topic Author

@Chrisee hi, everything I can see is in auto - IP and DNS etc. It can see a connection, just not the internet.

Am on Windows 11 Pro.

Thanks

DomA
Topic Author

I should also mention - I can't even open this forum on the computer, I just get an http error 400 message. I have to do this on my phone. I can open up other Web pages fine. 

My work laptop (also a Dell) won't recognise the connection either.  Both laptops I connect to other networks no issues at all, just seems to be the sky box they don't like.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion