Discussion topic: Cannot connect to WiFi

This message was authored by claudukku This message was authored by: claudukku

Cannot connect to WiFi

Hi! I just had Sky hub installed and cannot connect any device to WiFi. I type the password provided in the kit and get the message " incorect password".

I restarted the router a few times already but no joy. 

I can however connect to the internet through network cable.

I'm new to sky  and don't know any contact numbers and  can't get any help from sky virtual assistent.

Can anyone point me in the right direction

Best Answers
claudukku
Topic Author
This message was authored by claudukku This message was authored by: claudukku Answer

Re: Cannot connect to WiFi

@Highlinder  Hi again. I managed to get in touch with Sky customer support. Seems like I mistook a  lowercase L for capital i. Silly mistake. The guy said that it happens a lot because the typing on the card and router is misleading sometimes. Or he was trying to make me feel better. Anyway problem sorted. 

Thank you.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@claudukku  Is the Wi-Fi SSID and the password the same on the card that comes with the router and what is on the back of the router?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
claudukku
Topic Author
This message was authored by claudukku This message was authored by: claudukku

Hi. Thanks for your reply. Yes the password on the card is identical with the one on the back of the router

claudukku
Topic Author
This message was authored by claudukku This message was authored by: claudukku Answer

@Highlinder  Hi again. I managed to get in touch with Sky customer support. Seems like I mistook a  lowercase L for capital i. Silly mistake. The guy said that it happens a lot because the typing on the card and router is misleading sometimes. Or he was trying to make me feel better. Anyway problem sorted. 

Thank you.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion