Discussion topic: Cannot change any setting on sky router

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: Cannot change any setting on sky router

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@KevSheltsAre you connecting by a wired connection when trying to make these changes or are you doing this via Wi-Fi?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by JimmyJ123 This message was authored by: JimmyJ123

Hi Kev, I had the same problem not being able to make any changes at all as the connection would just dropout and not save any changes. It was the same with wifi or wired connection. 
Are you using a Mac? It didn't work with any of my devices (Mac abs android) except when I tired it with a windows laptop (thibk it was on windows 10) then it finally worked and saved the changes. 

JohnS5677
Topic Author
This message was authored by JohnS5677 This message was authored by: JohnS5677

I gave up in the end, it went back to working once but now will no longer accept changes from any device, wired or wireless.

I've got alternative broadband now so shall just be ditching the sky router and service.

This message was authored by KevShelts This message was authored by: KevShelts

@Highlinder I am using a physical connection, (CAT6).

I have however tested with Wifi as well and the response is the same 😞

@JimmyJ123 

I am using a Windows Laptop, using Chrome and Edge with the same error.

I will try with another laptop and or tablet and confirm.

This message was authored by blongden This message was authored by: blongden

Did anyone get anywhere with this? Just switched to sky broadband today and can't change any router settings (mac os or windows)

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@blongdenWhat information are you using to try login to the router is it username  and is your password is it sky or your Wi-Fi password. Which router do you have from Sky from the link below.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/broadband-diagnostic-which-sky-hub 

It's the Sky Broadband Hub from that link. Trying to change DHCP settings (both adjusting where DHCP starts allocating from, and reserving a few IP's).

Clicking Apply says that it needs to restart the hub, which I say OK to. Then I get a 'your session has expired' message which just results in my changes being removed. Tried multiple browsers and different OS's.

@blongdenAre you doing this via Wi-Fi or ethernet?

Via wifi @Highlinder 

@blongdenHave you tried it by hardwire?

This message was authored by Snigehere This message was authored by: Snigehere

I have this same issue .. in the past I have not had an issue.  I have a number or addresses reserved and am trying to add one more.  I get the session has expired message all the time.  I notice that when I go to the reservation page I have no session id in the url. I click save and respond to the reboot and immediately get session expired with a session id shown in the url.  Looks like an issue with the router code.  I have tried with hardwired and wireless devices and multiple different browsers but no solution.

Hi.

I managed to get my issues resolved albeit it was very odd...

I had the issue when I moved to Fibre and my router was replaced with the SR203. I get timed out when setting some settings like firewall/port forwarding. I escalated this within Sky to the point an engineer made a visit. strange thing was that the router started to work and has done since. Issue you might be facing is the timeout is very short. If for example you just add a port quickly like just adding 1.1.1.1 as an IP it will work as you, do it in just a couple of seconds. I cant understand why it started working but it’s strange I had the issue repeatedly until the visit. Anyway, there is a way I worked out to get round it, its clunky but like me you might be at the end of your tether. quickly add a port, then an IP, just use 1.1.1.1 so its quick. then back up the router, the backup file can be read in Notepad, manually edit the port and IP in the file, save it and restore the router from the backup. It’s not pretty but a workaround

This message was authored by Snigehere This message was authored by: Snigehere

Thanks for the suggestion - I gave adding a 1.1.1.1 address a try but the add failed with IP address out of range ... but your suggestion about editing the backup and re-loading may be the solution .. I just need to add the entry and change the "nextInstance=" value .. I will give it a go when I have some spare time in a couple of weeks.

This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

@KevShelts 

What port forward UDP 53 to 1.1.1.1 outgoing?

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion