Discussion topic: Cancellation of Broadband

This message was authored by SarahF01 This message was authored by: SarahF01

Cancellation of Broadband

I recieved an email to say my broadband contract was ending on the 14th March, as I didn't want to renew this contract I called on the 12th Feb to cancel on the 14th March, was advised this was all processed and would end on the 14th. 

Today my broadband was cancelled, I called Sky this afternoon and no one could explain why this has happened and was promised a call back before 7pm. No call, I phoned back and spoke to a manager and was told no notes were on my file to say I should of recieved a call, and also that it goes from 14 days from when I phoned, which I wasn't told about and think this is absolutely unacceptable. If you want your contract to end at the end date, why would it be cancelled early because ive phoned early. If I'd of known this I would of phoned closer to my end date. They've said there's nothing I can do other than raise a complaint! What happens now! 

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Cancellation of Broadband

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@SarahF01  When you gave notice you gave 14 days notice to cancel, that is the notice period, therefore as you called on the 12th 14 days would be up today.  If you didn't want to cancel until next month you should have waitted.

As far as I'm aware when you call to cancel the cancellation is processed there & then, there is no way to hold it for 16 dayus as you seemed to have wanted.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/cancel-sky-broadband

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

SarahF01
Topic Author
This message was authored by SarahF01 This message was authored by: SarahF01

I get what you're saying, but why wouldn't they advise this when I called them and asked for it to be cancelled on the end date of the 14th March. 

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@SarahF01 wrote:

I get what you're saying, but why wouldn't they advise this when I called them and asked for it to be cancelled on the end date of the 14th March. 

No one can tell you why they said that, fact is you gave notice to cancel on the 12th and the 14 days notice has been given.

What an adviser tells you on the phone is something you need to take up with Sky, as advised I don't beleive they can hold a cancellation request.

The notice to cance TV & Mobile is 31 days but the CSA should know this and know the difference between the 2..

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by JimM1 This message was authored by: JimM1

@SarahF01 When you called and spoke to the advisor this will also be a recorded call and you can request this to be looked at. You should also have recieved an email from SKY and on this the date of the cancelation would be confirmed ie in your case the final day 14th march if that was possible, yesterday i called and sorted out the cancellation and had confirmed by 3 emails, the date i requsted, advisor checked we adjusted and settled on 28th march as the advised date.

And question have you any email confirmed of the dates....

@SarahF01 And i have just checked also in the message section of the mysky account, all the confirmation is available there, but not sure if you will or can have access to your account, but should have a look in case you can. Hope it helps

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@SarahF01 early termibation has been reported before as once Sky place an order with Openreach it tends to get actioned without the date being checked. Its a mistake but unfortunately once disconnected it seems impossible to get it reconnected.

I would raise a firmal complaint see How to make a Sky complaint | Sky Help | Sky.com

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

@Chrisee @SarahF01 Chrisee is this if you know down to when sky issue the request to OR for termination. Just asking for personel reasons.

@JimM1. I suspect OR can handle delayed requests but occasionally make a mistake but I dont know that as a fact. However once disconnected getting reconnected for a short period is not possible or at least I can't recall seeing it done.

Most switches, which are far more common than cancellations, work well even moving between technologies but occasionally we see reports of early termination before the new service is up and running. Of course when reading forums you have to remember that far more people report issues than post that things went as planned.

65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

@Chrisee Thanks for your response, i will certainly report back either way, good or bad, just winding things up and cancelation is the obvious way to go, but can tether if i need. Do know that mistakes can be made on both sides, and was hoping sky dont push the request out early, can and would go back and delay until later, and when on with advisor stated 100% do not cut it off before that period.

@JimM1 if you intend to threaten cancellation in the hope of getting a better price before you get cut off I doubt that will work and can indeed backfire. What does seem towork is researching competitors offers. Unlike TV which is different market Sky seem quite hard nosed on broadband.

@Chrisee Sorry chrisee its bereavement situation thought you may have got it reading between the lines.

Jim

Sorry @JimM1 for your loss. 

@Chrisee Thanks and no problems.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion