Discussion topic: Broadband

This message was authored by Tongz This message was authored by: Tongz

Broadband

I have just upgraded my broadband from fibre unlimited to Superfast.  Do I need to ask about new equipment like ethernet cables and better router as mine are quite old. Is the charges for these 

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Broadband

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Tongz if you need a new Sky hub for the new service which is possible if the voice line is being switched from being delivered via the standard phone socket to be via the router Sky will send out a Sky Broadband Hub SR203 automstically. However the older flat Sky Q routers will still work. The router comes with the cables to connect it to the service .

If you need ethernet cables to connect devices to the hub you will have to buy them yourself they are pretty cheap and widely available dont waste money on premium cables like Cat 7 or 8 tge standard cat5e ethernet cables are amply fast enougheven if you later upgrade to full fibre. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion