Discussion topic: Broadband

This message was authored by Nicolaisla This message was authored by: Nicolaisla

Broadband

Hi I have just been activated today  for sky broadband,I have set the box up and done the everything it tells me to.it's not working ,I have contacted sky who said there having issues connecting it so an engineer is booked to check outside my property,they have said this can take up to 2 days before anyone comes out to check. I have left my last internet provider so have now been left with no tv and internet,I have sky glass tv. Usually i don't have any issues changing broadband. Just typical when I've finished my night shifts and all I want to do is relax and watch tv. Why does it take so long for an engineer to check ? 

Best Answers
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

Re: Broadband

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Nicolaisla wrote:

Why does it take so long for an engineer to check ? 

Because that's a typical timescale for Openreach availability.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

@Nicolaisla wrote:

Why does it take so long for an engineer to check ? 

Because that's a typical timescale for Openreach availability.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Colin0000 This message was authored by: Colin0000

If I remember correctly, if you have a TV aerial you can access Freeview on the Glass TV?

Sky Q 2GB 32B106 - HDMI to TV, hard wired to router with WiFi disabled on the Q box
Sky Ultrafast1 FTTP 150Mbps
Sky SR203 router
Samsung S95C 55"
Nicolaisla
Topic Author
This message was authored by Nicolaisla This message was authored by: Nicolaisla

Thank you I will try that 

This message was authored by David0 This message was authored by: David0

I decided to get full fibre, it was installed (very poorly) 26th October 2023, what a load of trash. Speed drops regularly and have had no internet at all on occasions! I'm on my 3rd router 2 being the latest models,

I  dread to think the amount of times I have been in touch about the problem. Each time on hold for ages, to go through the reset process and to be told "the speed is fine up to the house"

On Saturday 2nd December it was agreed it was an internal issue and an engineer will cometo the house.

Today 4th I recieved 2 txt msgs saying hi it's SKY has your issue been resolved yes or no. When I rang again the person advised me that the msg  was from open reach, so why say it's Sky. Very misleading!! 
 I've totally had enough I did have Superfast Broadband copper to the house which was consistently good so I really don't get it. 

As an add on I was asked to subscribe to get a mini box to help the speed. 

What a shambles SKY is

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Hi @David0 

Please post your router stats along with a screenshot of a speedtest taken on a device connected to your hub via ethernet.

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion