Discussion topic: Broadband down

This message was authored by Den16 This message was authored by: Den16

Broadband down

Hi , this is the 3rd weekend in a row that I'm having problems with my broadband. What seems to be the actual problem?

im fed up with this , it had cost me money to buy new data 

All Replies

This message was authored by Icewolf83 This message was authored by: Icewolf83

Re: Broadband down

Im having the same problems the past few days. Before they raise the prices i think they need to fix all the issues or they'll be losing customers as it also affects the sky streams

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Icewolf83 & @Den16 it is inevitable that as there are over 6 million Sky broadband customers some will have issues at any one time. Most issues fall into 2 groups the first is line issues which with copper phone lines shich can be decades old do fail. The second are issues within customer's home networks which can be caused by dodgy Sky hb's but more frequently can be down to wifi issues.

To determine what is the problem for each of you cgeck the LEDs on the hub when you lose connection, if the internet lightis amber there is an issue with your line. In thst case run the connection test in the My Sky app overca mobile connection as that will tell you if there is a known fault affecting your line if there isnt call Sky so they can getvan engineer to come out and check your line. 

If the internet light is green the issue is likely to becwithin your home so if restarting the hub doesn't help post some more details woth your hub's stats see Find your Sky Broadband router statistics

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Den16
Topic Author
This message was authored by Den16 This message was authored by: Den16

I had a new router and they have changed my in house line box but I still have all these problems, I'm fed up calling and waiting and hour+ for answers . I think I'm just going to cancel sky it's been a nightmare for a month . 
They have a cheek to offer me £9.33 for inconvenience when I had to purchase more data which cost me £24 

They are a joke 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion