Discussion topic: Broadband connecting dropping out constantly

This message was authored by Seashell10b This message was authored by: Seashell10b

Broadband connecting dropping out constantly

My broadband has lost connection 14 times since 7pm tonight. Very frustrating and when I check app tells me everything ok. Same happened last week..what is going on Sky??!!

All Replies

This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

Re: Broadband connecting dropping out constantly

@Seashell10b 

The broadband checker isn't the best in the world if the broadband line is failing then contact Sky by phone on 150, when the broadband line drops more than 10 times a day then that will need an engineer to fix the broadband line.

If it is wireless that is dropping then that is a more difficult issue and depending on interference may need to upgrade to Sky Max to obtain better reliability of wireless. Unfortunately, Sky Max is only available to customers not using Sky Q currently.

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Seashell10b unfortunately some copper phone lines can be affected by the recent bad weather so we are seeing lots of faults being reported. The online checker will check the line when it is connected but a little while later the signal can drop due to noise on the line. Openreach are very busy fixing faults but the underlying problem of using copper phone lines which can be decades old to carry high speed data willonly be fixed when we all have full fibre connections.

As Sky's phonelines are very busy the forum has escalated your post to a Sky team who should invite you onto a chat through thecforum where they will add a chat icon for you to use. Sky's systems monitor the hubs so the agent can see what is going on.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent @Seashell10b  an invite to chat.

Seashell10b
Topic Author
This message was authored by Seashell10b This message was authored by: Seashell10b

And so it goes again and again ...in last 10 minutes I've lost connectivity twice. 

This message was authored by Stueytightpants This message was authored by: Stueytightpants

Mine is just as ridiculous. Had open reach out twice in the last month. Sky refuse to send a new router as all looks fine at the specific times they check. Open reach can't do anymore and I'm the one paying for something that doesn't even work! 

Kids upset after Christmas as they can't use the devices they received for Christmas. I can no longer work from home as I can't even get through a Teams call without a drop out! I'm also paying for several mini boxes and none of them are working as they can't connect. Absolutely ridiculous. 

Off to Virgin fibre I go....

Stueytightpants
This message was authored by adamski This message was authored by: adamski

Hi Mine internet is doing the same and has dropped 12 times in last 4 hours. Can you refer me to the sky team please?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion