Discussion topic: Broadband cancellation

This message was authored by KevWad This message was authored by: KevWad

Broadband cancellation

I recently received emails about my broadband being cancelled at the end of my contract, despite no contact with Sky by myself. Two weeks ago I contacted Sky to renew my Sky package and assumed everything would go through fine. Today, I find my broadband has been disconnected and I have to wait until tomorrow before a new contract can be sorted out, but as someone else is using my phone number I will have to get a new telephone number AND wait up to 14 days while Openreach reconnect me. HELP!

All Replies

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Re: Broadband cancellation

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@KevWad 

There is nothing we can do to help Sky will have to resolve the matter over the phone. It sounds like someone has mistakenly or maliciously ordered a takeover on your line. If you had responded to Sky when you received the emails this could have been avoided but you left it too long and it sounds like the process has taken place.

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
KevWad
Topic Author
This message was authored by KevWad This message was authored by: KevWad

I did respond a fortnight ago and thought it was all sorted. Apparently not though. Just wondered if anyone else had had this issue. I see on NowTV someone else has had exa try the same issue

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@KevWad 

If you did respond and Sky still messed it up then you should be entitled to compensation from them for the downtime. 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion