Discussion topic: ASUS zen Wi-Fi xd6 as fttp router

This message was authored by Emperorshand This message was authored by: Emperorshand

ASUS zen Wi-Fi xd6 as fttp router

Hi all

i am trying to get an xd6 based mesh setup to replace the sky hub.

can I use the same settings as have been posted here previously for the xt8?

All Replies

This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

Re: ASUS zen Wi-Fi xd6 as fttp router

@Emperorshand 

The setting used by the XT8 would be either the same or very similar to DHCP Option 61 under the WAN tab and DHCPv6 Prefix Delegation (PD) under the IPv6 tab the authentication string is the same.

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.
Emperorshand
Topic Author
This message was authored by Emperorshand This message was authored by: Emperorshand

Thanks. So with the help of all the useful posts here I have one of the xd6 units up and running as a router. 

This is probably a really dumb question but how do I go about setting up the second unit in the mesh. Do I need to change the settings on the second one in the same way or does it inherit them from the first?

This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

@Emperorshand 

When setting up the second unit in a mesh then the WAN should operate in mesh mode which is one of the options.

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.
This message was authored by alsmth This message was authored by: alsmth

@Emperorshand  Have you had a good experience with the XD6? Was looking at that or XT8 to replace sky hub but doing wired backhaul so don't think I need the tri-band. Cheers! 

Emperorshand
Topic Author

Hey. It has worked great for me. One node down where the crappy sky router used to be and one up on the first floor landing. We have no missing coverage anywhere across the three floors now.

This message was authored by Smt230788 This message was authored by: Smt230788

Hey all - will the XD5 work also? 

asus d.o.t com/uk/networking-iot-servers/whole-home-mesh-wifi-system/zenwifi-wifi-systems/asus-zenwifi-xd5/

This message was authored by Smt230788 This message was authored by: Smt230788

managed to get through this and do it myself based oh previous instructions.. all works on this device too. only question. i have this message on the status, however any idea? showing really good speeds thought, better than my standard sky routerScreenshot 2024-03-23 at 15.21.31.pngScreenshot 2024-03-23 at 15.21.46.jpeg

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Smt230788 

Its something to do with ddns settings. Would advise get the device registered with asus and submit a ticket

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion