Discussion topic: tv channels closing down

This message was authored by scouselfc This message was authored by: scouselfc

tv channels closing down

all i see is channels going closing down or renamed channels to make sky look better you cant fool me sky !! am ready to cancel my sky q contract and get freesat save the cost on rubbish you supply us all 

CBS DRAMA AND CBS JUSTICE IS GOING AT THE WEEKEND 

i see more judge judy then anything else !! am not paying rubbish when i can watch some channels for free yes freesat or freeview !! its like the channels thats been renamed from sony tv to Great tv etc 

stop the scam on your people sky time u stopped ripping us all off !! 

bye bye sky am canceling my sky q 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: tv channels closing down

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

None of the channels you mention in your post are Sky channels. Sky have no control over their content or what they call themselves.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@scouselfc wrote:

am not paying rubbish when i can watch some channels for free yes freesat or freeview

If Freesat/Freeview serves your viewing needs then paying for access to the Sky EPG (and Sky-branded channels) would seem unnecessary.  That's kind of the point of the platforms with 'free' in the name, really.

@scouselfc wrote:

CBS DRAMA AND CBS JUSTICE IS GOING AT THE WEEKEND 

CBS is apparently closing 'Justice' on all four major UK platforms (Freeview Channel 69, Freesat 137, Sky 148 and Virgin Media 192): this is most likely because their parent company is starting a transition from broadcast to streaming into the Paramount+ app.  CBS Drama is getting a makeover into ' RealityXtra... an extension of sister channel CBS Reality, airing a mixture of legal dramas and true-crime programming  ': having no subscription income inevitably means they are looking for cost-savings so these are likely to be repeats of what 'Reality' covers anyway, and 'Judge Judy' is cheap airtime filler ; )

https://www.cordbusters.co.uk/freeview-freesat-cbs-channels-big-revamp/ 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@scouselfc wrote:

its like the channels thats been renamed from sony tv to Great tv etc 

Earlier this month Sony sold its UK TV channels to a US investment firm called Narrative Capital. A company which invests in “the entire life cycle and global distribution of intellectual property”, Narrative has bought the channels and licensed the same content – everything from the Sony movie library, plus a load of TV shows – but decided to give it a new name.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2021/may/26/great-movies-sony-movie-channel-freeview-tv-rebrand 

The pact covers Sony’s seven free-to-air channels, including Sony Movies, Sony Movies Action, Sony Movies Classic, Sony Channel, POP, Tiny POP and POP Max, as well as the brands’ various digital assets.

The Sony-labeled channels will be rebranded, with a new look unveiled on May 25, and all brands will sit under the Narrative Entertainment banner.

https://variety.com/2021/tv/global/sony-channels-uk-sold-narrative-1234972645/

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion