Discussion topic: Late payment

This message was authored by Blaqblood76 This message was authored by: Blaqblood76

Late payment

Hello,if i am out of country and can't pay the bill till I'm back,what can i do to keep my services going?

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Late payment

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Blaqblood76 

Depending on when the bill is/was due…

The billing process is as follows:-

If you have a Direct Debit set up and the payment fails on the normal payment date Sky will automatically attempt it again 10 calendar days later (so don’t be tempted to make a manual payment in this period).

After 10 days, if that second attempt also fails Sky may send a text and/or email notifying you that your payment has failed again and you then have a day or two before they restrict your services.

If you have a Continuous Card payment method set up, if the payment fails Sky send the text/email notification about the failed payment and you usually have at best 2/3 days before being restricted. There is no grace period and only 1 attempt is made for a card payment, so if this has failed, you will need to pay manually and then reset the payment method for next month.

Restrictions are an automated process and we’ve been told Customer Service agents can’t stop it… even if you’re told otherwise.

Sky don’t allow payment plans (except on a legitimately closed account) or a promise to pay on or by a certain date.

This link may also provide some advice
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/cost-of-living-support

If you are behind with Stream or Glass payments also see the information on this link:
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/missed-payments-sky-glass

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Late payment

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Blaqblood76 wrote:

Hello,if i am out of country and can't pay the bill till I'm back,what can i do to keep my services going?

Can you not pay online?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion