Discussion topic: Am I paying too much?

This message was authored by YAM+YAM+72 This message was authored by: YAM+YAM+72

Am I paying too much?

I've read on other forums that Sky customers are paying almost half of what I am paying and getting more service.I am paying £98 a month for Signature, Sports HD and Cinema with 1 Multiroom box yet I've seen others claim they pay far less than that and get phone line line and broadband too! Feel like I'm being ripped off but the last advisor I spoke too was almost laughing at me when I queried it.The bill has so many discounts and bits removed or added, I have no idea what is going on. Anyone else advise please?

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Am I paying too much?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You're paying the discounted price you agreed to when you negotiated your current deal with Sky, so presumably you were content with it then,

As with all providers, new customers get substantial discounts to incentivise them to switch. Good discounts for existing customers who have completed their initial minimum term are increasingly hard to find, I'm afraid.

YAM+YAM+72
Topic Author
This message was authored by YAM+YAM+72 This message was authored by: YAM+YAM+72

I'm pretty sure over the last 10 years I haven't paid anywhere near this much even with broadband and when it was my home move was installed it seems to have somehow gone through the roof.

Oh well 12 more months and it's gone

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Overpaying is subjective - everyone will have different price points for which they think they are getting value for money from Sky.

Of course prices will go up when compared with a 10 year period, and over the past 10 years it will be more due to the high levels of inflation we have seen for the past 18 months. 

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion