Discussion topic: Tennis on sky in 24

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Tennis on sky in 24

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@jo999 wrote:

If I wanted to watch on a 6" screen why did I buy a 43" TV?

Sports are particularly difficult to watch on a mobile device.

Sky should ensure customers are able to watch the same content over all platforms.

I'm a customer like you so have no idea why you have aimed that at me, I'm just pointing out how the app on a mobile device works.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by jo999 This message was authored by: jo999

@caesarome wrote:

@jo999 wrote:

If I wanted to watch on a 6" screen why did I buy a 43" TV?

Sports are particularly difficult to watch on a mobile device.

Sky should ensure customers are able to watch the same content over all platforms.

I'm a customer like you so have no idea why you have aimed that at me, I'm just pointing out how the app on a mobile device works.

Sorry.  I didn't mean to appear critical - it was just in response to your post.

This message was authored by heatherlloyd1 This message was authored by: heatherlloyd1

We have sky q

the launch of the channel was great with Osaka and Raducanu interviews.

red button works great with all matches and all courts from all live tournaments.

app works great for on the go.

gone from a dreadful January wondering what was going to happen to full coverage from today.

Very happy.

This message was authored by jo999 This message was authored by: jo999

@heatherlloyd1 wrote:

We have sky q

the launch of the channel was great with Osaka and Raducanu interviews.

red button works great with all matches and all courts from all live tournaments.

app works great for on the go.

gone from a dreadful January wondering what was going to happen to full coverage from today.

Very happy.

How will it work for Indian Wells when there is an 8 hour time difference?

This message was authored by heatherlloyd1 This message was authored by: heatherlloyd1

You get up in the night and watch it just like Australian swing.

This message was authored by Sooze18 This message was authored by: Sooze18

So there's definitely been an improvement today with all live matches available on the red button.   As it's a masters tournament there have a presenting team.   They were okay.   I do miss Katherine whittaker though.   She was excellent.

Anyways, all good.   Unless you want to watch a replay.   So far I haven't found any.   I'm a sky customer watching though my tv.

This message was authored by Paul+Dray This message was authored by: Paul+Dray

@Sooze18 wrote:

So there's definitely been an improvement today with all live matches available on the red button.   As it's a masters tournament there have a presenting team.   They were okay.   I do miss Katherine whittaker though.   She was excellent.

Anyways, all good.   Unless you want to watch a replay.   So far I haven't found any.   I'm a sky customer watching though my tv.

Yeah Catherine Whitaker is a great presenter. Her and Daniela Hantuchova made a great team. 

————————
Pioneer Kuro PDP-LX5090 50in Plasma TV | Yamaha DSP-AX863 SE AV Amp
Sky Stream Puck; Build: QS025.011.00P | Sky Broadband Ultrafast
————————
This message was authored by Cam4 This message was authored by: Cam4

@heatherlloyd1 wrote:

You get up in the night and watch it just like Australian swing.

Not quite is it? With Discovery at least they had on demand so you could watch it in your own time.

Skys's on demand is terrible. It's selective and they take at least 24 hrs to be made available.

This message was authored by Oddie2004 This message was authored by: Oddie2004

Response received from viewerR

The new channel is currently on 408, however it will move permanently to 407 on the 13th of February.  Once this move is complete, you should be able to add series links from this time without issue  however should you encounter further problems after this time, please let us know.

Thank you for taking the time to get in touch.

Kind Regards

Andy

Viewer Relations.

I believe the red button should work ok from then aswell.Hope this helps or not.

This message was authored by Lorraine+C+C This message was authored by: Lorraine+C+C

@jo999well it looks like you can record.  I said Tennis to voice control and it gave me lists of tournaments/ games.  when I selected one I was able to hit record.  so maybe that will work for usa.

my problem there was I could not select to watch a live match.  Had to go back to channel 408 and press red button. 

This message was authored by PhilHampson-Sky This message was authored by: PhilHampson-Sky

Looking a lot more promising compared to what we've had for the last few weeks.

It will be interesting to see how much match choice we have later today when there will be three live tournaments: Rotterdam, Buenos Aries(3 Hr time difference) & Delray Beach(5 Hr time difference).

I am guessing they will concentrate on matches with Brits playing e.g. Raducanu in Doha and Norrie, Evans and Broady in the American tournaments.

Hopefully the On Demand service will improve with a greater selection  of matches and faster posting.

Perhaps Sky then will start to get praise for the great tennis service they have been heralding.

This message was authored by colum This message was authored by: colum

SKY STREAM TENNIS CHANNEL

SKY  STREAM

Why won't the red button function work to allow a user to select the

other courts as it advertised  for sky Q,  sky Glass  and the app?  This a BIG service  limitation

for tennis fans. 

The  on screen presentation oganisation of the various tournaments is to say

the least amaturish and repeats  how  it was Now  for the first week of the US  Open last September..

Why can't the Tennis Channel  just drop down to a dedicated and an easy to follow list of  the 

tournaments available  and  then  list the available choices on the selected tournament?

This seems to say that the Stream servcie is just a subset of the  offering..

SKY should go back and how professional  Prime were when they ahd the franchise.

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: SKY STREAM TENNIS CHANNEL

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

The red button service does work for Sky Tennis on Stream. I tested it out myself yesterday after the channel launched.

When you switch over to Sky tennis you see a "court choice" message appear on the bottom right of the screen for about 30 seconds telling you to press the coloured dots button.

If you aren't seeing that I'd suggest rebooting your stream puck by unplugging it for a couple of minutes.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by jujuge This message was authored by: jujuge

Hello @VickyM1 and other Sky Sports on VM users.

Discovered completely by accident this morning:

On Sky Tennis channel: Following pressing the red button, one sees a list of content for different sports down the right hand side. If you highlight the tennis one then press right on the remote you can step through the current Sky content (which includes upcoming), and select the court you want to watch.

I assume it works for other sports too.

This message was authored by colum This message was authored by: colum

Re: SKY STREAM TENNIS CHANNEL

Phew!

OK THANKS FOR THE REPLY   AND WILL TRY IT OUT LATER

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion