Discussion topic: Sky go and F1 in America

This message was authored by Murpykitty This message was authored by: Murpykitty

Sky go and F1 in America

Hello, people in my phone! I'm travelling to the States on Sunday for 2 weeks and would like to be able to watch the F1 while I'm there, on my phone. I currently have Sky Glass, Sky Go, SSF1 and an iPhone with (something like) iOS 16. 
I have been told that a 'VPN' will allow me to watch British TV in America but, after reading through a few things, it seems that I might not be able to stream from SkyGo out there at all? Any advice would be very appreciated!

Also, if I can't watch it the way I want, does anyone know how I CAN watch it? 🙂 The irony hasn't escaped me that this weeks race is Texas, either ...

Thank you for any help you can give me!

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Sky go and F1 in America

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

It isn't possible to watch live tv on Sky Go while in America and as this is an official Sky forum it isn't a good idea to discuss how to get around such restrictions. I should image there will be a tv channel out there broadcasting the race....

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by rscott This message was authored by: rscott

It's on ESPN  - I ended up watching the Singapore GP via a free trial of Fubo TV ( a legitimate streaming platform).

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Murpykitty wrote:

I have been told that a 'VPN' will allow me to watch British TV in America but, after reading through a few things, it seems that I might not be able to stream from SkyGo out there at all?

Like any other streaming provider which is obliged to try and enforce regional content licencing deals, Sky will attempt to detect and block Go access from outside the UK.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion