Discussion topic: Playlist t1

This message was authored by Gothorp+23 This message was authored by: Gothorp+23

Playlist t1

I've got sky glass but don't have sky sports F1, I've got the F1 playlisted for sky showcase but when I go into my playlist nothing is there from sky showcase. 

Am noticing that this issue is only F1 related as anything else I playlist from any other channel works.

Sky 65inch sky glass in gloss black and complete sky package+ whole home, 49inch 4k HDR LG smart TV, 32inch LG HD smart TV,, EE 67mbps broadband, EE 5g mobile phone, PS4 and Acer aspire desktop pc i5 core.

Gotta love tech stuff

Best Answers
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee Answer

Re: Playlist t1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Exiled-in-HH Sky's business model is selling subscriptions. Sky Showcase is a "barker" channel used to show what you are missing by not giving more money to Sky not as a full featured give away.😀

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@Gothorp+23  the likely explanation is that the playlist is picking up the content from the ss f1 channel for which don't have a subscription 

this is a downside to glass unfortunately when watching anything on showcase if you add it for later viewing it'll pick up the version from the main channel it was broadcast on and not from showcase 

so if you see something  that you want to watch you need to watch live or not at all especially sports and movies when they originated from either premium sports or movies channels 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

For the Las Vegas GP, the cloud recording for the pre race build up and the race where done from the Sky Sports Main Event channel, with the post race show being recorded from the Sky Sports F1 channel as Main Event switched over to the Cricket Final post race.

Thats the reason you require an active sky sports subscription to watch the recording of the GP.

Clearly its a little bug with the system and i'm sure one Sky didn't think about the use case where a sporting event is also broadcast an another non-sky sports channel.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Wrong F1 playlist post 😞

NOT a Sky Employee

Gothorp+23
Topic Author
This message was authored by Gothorp+23 This message was authored by: Gothorp+23

Yeah ok valid point but I also have ch4 F1 playlisted but when I go to the playlist there's also nothing there from ch4 regarding F1. Just feel like this is a F1 issue not a sky glass issue as everything else i playlist is there

Sky 65inch sky glass in gloss black and complete sky package+ whole home, 49inch 4k HDR LG smart TV, 32inch LG HD smart TV,, EE 67mbps broadband, EE 5g mobile phone, PS4 and Acer aspire desktop pc i5 core.

Gotta love tech stuff

Specially for channel 4 I think you need to wait for that to be able on demand on their app then it would appear on the playlist.

in fact I can now see the Las Vegas gp appearing on the programme screen when searching for formula one. So it does indeed look like some delay in making the content available, either likely an editing one or perhaps a contractual one.

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

Does any content get registered against Sky Showcase or is content only registered against the primary channel?

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee Answer

@Exiled-in-HH Sky's business model is selling subscriptions. Sky Showcase is a "barker" channel used to show what you are missing by not giving more money to Sky not as a full featured give away.😀

65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

@Chrisee exactly it should be considered a view only channel!

As such it should not allow Playlist entries to be made against it?

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Exiled-in-HH I have been asking Sky since the launch to tell customers when the playlist link is known nit to work at every opportunity. The best response I got was "that's an interesting idea" from which I interpret Sky know its an irritation but it isnt a priority to fix.

@Chrisee not a good response from a company that thinks it supplies a superior user experience🤔

Exiled in HH

Can only hope its on the list but towards the bottom as they have bigger priorities with the Streaming services to fix, like the exploding remotes and the numerous glitches customers get that occassionally requires frequently unplugging on the devices. Usually new feature requests are lower priority that known issues and bugs that prevent the services from working as expected.

At least lets hope thats the reason otherwise it seems like they are just ignoring some of these really good features that would help improve customer experience and improve the product as a whole.

NOT a Sky Employee

Do people expect an item selected for the playlist becomes available on the playlist .... I would think the answer is YES ... the fact they do not is the most basic failure in generating a good user experience?

Exiled in HH

In the majority it works without a issue. I've so far has no problems with the playlists feature for any shows on Sky Stream.

However obviously these features will depend on various things including broadcasting rights or perhaps certain tags or metadata linked to shows. I've seen a few shows for example where the full season and all the episodes are actually split between 2 different show names via the playlist (note these are shows not broadcast but only available on on-demand services). In this scenario it would be due to the metadata added to the shows on the platform (disney+ in this instance), causing the issue and preventing all the episodes appearing under the same programme name in the sky playlist.

Fundamentally this is completely new technology and its impossible for it to be perfect before it is released. In the majority it does successful provide all the features that Sky claim it does. Obviously there will be bugs and improvements that are required for certain use cases that will only came up and more people use the service and can cause these bugs.

This is part of what one should expect when being an early adoptor of new technology. No one is forcing streaming on any customers at this point its completely a choice. Obviously the more customers who want to be an early adoptor the easier it will be for Sky to identity, prioritise and fix the various issues. Streaming TV will be future whether people like it or not (the whole analogue vs digital issue from the 90s, or indeed dumb vs Smart Phones from the early 00s) and some people like being early adoptors but except it wont be 100% smooth. Being one of the first movers of streaming in the industry will undoubtedly help Sky longer term as they would likely have a more mature product and service than competitors once the mainstream streaming switch happends.

NOT a Sky Employee

1 year latitude as an early adopter.perhaps ... how long has Sky Stream been in existence .... and note Sky's dismissal of the impact on customer user experience and the fact this discussion exists🤔

Exiled in HH

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion