Discussion topic: Website for Ireland complete shambles, unusable in some areas

This message was authored by Irish-Steve This message was authored by: Irish-Steve

Website for Ireland complete shambles, unusable in some areas

So, where to start?

I spent over an hour on Tuesday trying and failing to resolve a problem with Sky+HD unable to download on demand items from the Sky Max site. It was a waste of time, and the rep at the other end eventually decided that he'd call back the following morning, as ' The broadband team are closed for the day, and I need to talk to them'

That was Tuesday at about 18:15, and as of now, Thursday at 12:09, the call on Wednesday at 09:30 that was agreed has still not happened.

So, put a formal complaint into the system, and I get offered Whatsapp, or Facebook, or Twitter, none of which I want to use, or I can submit a form on line, or phone, or write a snail mail.

I go to process a form submission, and the eventual response is that it can't find the page needed to allow me to submit a formal complaint. Sounds about right, they clearly don't want anything that can give evidence of their failure, so do it all using media that's not traceable.

No great surprise there.

If I then start looking at phone numbers, it gets better, most of the numbers that the page offers me are 0333 numbers, and yes, you guessed, they are UK numbers, so not exactly a lot of help to Irish customers, and yes, I HAVE signed on to the correct log in page, or so the Irish flag at the bottom of the page tells me, so yet again, it's another monumental screw up by web programmers that don't deserve the title or the job, and before long, given the numbers that Sky are looking to reduce their staff by, it's only going to get worse, way worse.

I'm paying an extortionate sum for what has become an incredibly bad service, and it's now reached the point where it's almost impossible to even find a support phone number that works for the Irish customers, several web pages have numbers that are not even connected, let alone fail after spending for ever on hold.

In a nutshell, Sky has become a complete shambles, and as far as Ireland is concerned, it's clear that their ability to provide an acceptable service has been completely compromised, it seems that effectively, there is NO support worth the name any more, and that's only going to get worse with the number reductions that Sky have recently announced, clearly, their plans for the future are for a very different operation than the one that's currently falling apart at the seams.

We've been with Sky since the Analog days, so over 30 Years, and until recently, it wasn't a bad service, but this last couple of years, it's gone from bad to worse, and most of the issues are down to a lack of attention to detail, the people doing the day to day running of the system clearly don't care any more, and for a premium product, that's not acceptable.

Oh, and in passing, from the time I hit start a new thread, to the time I was able to actually type something on this page, it was searching for close on 3 MINUTES, and that wasn't my computer, or the broadband connection, for pretty much most other sites, it's working well, but on this page, the response speed is worse than dire.

Time to do a Google search, and see what the cancellations number has changed to this time, it's a lottery as to which will work, and which has been cut off and no longer works.

Shore, if twas easy we'd all be doin it!

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Website for Ireland complete shambles, unusable in some areas

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You can find a contact number for Sky Ireland via the 'need more help' dropdown at the bottom of this page: https://www.sky.com/help/home

You'll need to change the flag, of course, if it's not set to Ireland.

Irish-Steve
Topic Author
This message was authored by Irish-Steve This message was authored by: Irish-Steve

IrishSteve_0-1686231155528.png

Oh, Like that you mean, a UK contact number, with the Irish Flag in the bottom right hand corner, exactly the sort of (removed) I'm talking about, programmers who should be shown the door, and told not to come back again, this is basic coding, not rocket science.

I really don't have the time or interest in dealing with this level of incompetence, especially when a potential new user can sign up for a 12 month deal with way more than we have in our package for one third of the price I'm paying for the privelege of being a diamond VIP!

Moderator comments: removed inappropriate language 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Irish-Steve 

I've just gone onto the link on the post above by @Mark39 I've changed the flag to ROI, clicked for the number and it provides an 0818 number as I expected it to. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

@Daniel0210 wrote:

@Irish-Steve 

I've just onto the link on the post above by @Mark39 I've changed the flag to ROI, clicked for the number and it provides an 0818 number as I expected it to. 

Exactly. I'm not so naive as not to check before posting....

@Irish-Steve you didn't read my post.

Irish-Steve
Topic Author

@Mark39 wrote:

@Daniel0210 wrote:

@Irish-Steve 

I've just onto the link on the post above by @Mark39 I've changed the flag to ROI, clicked for the number and it provides an 0818 number as I expected it to. 

Exactly. I'm not so naive as not to check before posting....

@Irish-Steve you didn't read my post.

Well, in that case, explain this sequence, I DID exactly what you said, from the link in your post, and the sequence went as follows.

Sign in, on the page, and the Irish Flag is already there, and then proceed EXACTLY as per your post, and the result is a UK phone number, with an Irish Flag, probably because I'm accessing from Ireland, rather than the UK, and someone has well and truly screwed up the cache that Ireland is working from,

I can't upload the screen shots, the stupid forum software won't accept a PNG, and if I'm quoting a previous message, it won't let me paste them in, I have better things to do with my time, I know what's on the screen in front of me, and 50 years in the computer industry means I DO know what I'm doing. There is a fundamental failure in the Sky system, and I can't get the information I need in order to send a message, and I'm not prepared to spend 3 hours in a facebook or Whatsapp chat doing something that could be done in 30 seconds if I was one to one with a real person.

Enough is enough, Sky are very close to losing a long term customer through neglect, I'm still waiting for the call I was promised at 09:30 on Wednesday.

Browser cache perhaps. Works fine here.

Irish-Steve
Topic Author

IrishSteve_0-1686240324341.png

IrishSteve_1-1686240375845.png

That's after I've cleared the cache, (Firefox)  and signed in again to the site, and if you look at the captures, which I have now found a way to embed, it says very clearly at the top of the page that I am on the ROI site, and the flag is also ROI, but the phone number is still 0333, which is a UK number, I can't be much clearer than that.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 7 hours

New Discussion