Discussion topic: New sign in Procedure

This message was authored by Jimmy+The+Rot This message was authored by: Jimmy+The+Rot

New sign in Procedure

So, it takes months to talk to someone on the phone at Sky, so now they have matched their online service with the phone service by adding more barriers to the sign in.  "we need to check to see if you are a genuine user"  So my username and password is just for show then?  Absolute crap!!

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: New sign in Procedure

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jimmy+The+Rot  You're addressing fellow customers on the forum, not Sky.

If you wish to explain your issue then the forum may be able to help.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Jimmy+The+Rot wrote:

So, it takes months to talk to someone on the phone at Sky, so now they have matched their online service with the phone service by adding more barriers to the sign in.  "we need to check to see if you are a genuine user"  So my username and password is just for show then?  Absolute crap!!

Additional log in security is commonplace nowadays, amongst most online institutions. All security requirements are a barrier, but I would have thought you would recognise that the additional steps are to protect your identity. It takes all sorts....

Jimmy+The+Rot
Topic Author
This message was authored by Jimmy+The+Rot This message was authored by: Jimmy+The+Rot

I have a password on the account that only I know.   Using a word that is written in a particular way and then disguised with other lines and marks is very hard to see.  Not everyone has perfect eyesight. I run buildings and I have to ensure my building are suitable for all users under the DDA act.  It takes several attempts for me to log in.  Particular using a mobile phone. 

If you're seeing a Captcha, there's an audio option so you can listen to the code, rather than having to decipher it. You can also change the code for another which might be easier to read.

Jimmy+The+Rot
Topic Author

You are missing the point. 

The account can only be accessed by me and my Password,  therefore I have to be a bonified user.

The additional security is irrelevant because it is not actually security is it?  The Captcha is not security it is visible to anyone so irrelevant to the protection of my data.

Again, many years ago I served in the Royal Navy.  Keeping secure information secret was my job.  I use to use some of the most advanced systems in the country at the time so Tech is not the problem here.

I use my mobile the way I like to use it.  meaning notification sounds and volumes are turned off. so I don't annoy people.  The Captcha is an irrelevant barrier, it serves no purpose at all.

@Jimmy+The+Rot wrote:

I use my mobile the way I like to use it.  meaning notification sounds and volumes are turned off. so I don't annoy people.  The Captcha is an irrelevant barrier, it serves no purpose at all.

I doubt those who designed the Captcha would agree with you. Probably best you raise a formal complaint with Sky then, if you believe you have a valid case, as @GD1 suggested@. I'm sure they'll apologise for the inconvenience

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 7 hours

New Discussion