Discussion topic: I don't like likes

This message was authored by bob1234 This message was authored by: bob1234

I don't like likes

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Well that is not quite true but the only option is to like a post, I don't want to introduce "don't like" otherwise it becomes a personal attack.

But how about "helpful" I often mark correctly a post I like, may be amusing or nothing about the subject however nothing tells anyone that the post is helpful.

Perhaps even changing like to helpful would work.

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: I don't like likes

I think that's a good idea @bob1234 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by PeteRG41 This message was authored by: PeteRG41

I think that generally the context of the post indicates whether my "like" is indended to be a "yes, I agree", "that's really funny", or "yes, this is really helpful".

Either way, it's a way of indicating to the poster that their post is a positive contribution to the community.

____
Pete.
This message was authored by TechmanagerMal This message was authored by: TechmanagerMal

@bob1234 wrote:

Well that is not quite true but the only option is to like a post, I don't want to introduce "don't like" otherwise it becomes a personal attack.

But how about "helpful" I often mark correctly a post I like, may be amusing or nothing about the subject however nothing tells anyone that the post is helpful.

Perhaps even changing like to helpful would work.

• I tend to use "Like" as an agreement with the suggestion/resolution and reply with a comment on other occasions like "good idea" "worth a try" "not really" etc.
  • "Like" should never be used, as I have seen it to support a personal attack or criticism.
  • So in this case - tick vg - great idea but needs work!
Passing on the tips I have learned in over 23 years as a more than satisfied Sky customer.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 7 hours

New Discussion