Discussion topic: Play station portal

This message was authored by Superleeds123 This message was authored by: Superleeds123

Re: Play station portal

Hi Tom it does seem the portal has issues with sky with me simply unplugging the power cord of the router then replacing it worked for me while others have had other things that worked , have contacted sky to see if there are any updates from them though I very much doubt it 

This message was authored by Lukee90 This message was authored by: Lukee90

The problem is. With it being so new. Neither Sony or sky are not aware of fixes for certain issues (found out having spoken with both) so unfortunatley it is some sort of trial and error to fix any issues that arise. And none are the same for each portal or internet. Hopefully all are recorded and this will be fixed or noticed in the future 

This message was authored by PSunhappy This message was authored by: PSunhappy

Is there any update on this issue? I can use remote play so it had to be a setting in the router to connect to the portal. It worked fine up until this week!

This message was authored by Karen+761964 This message was authored by: Karen+761964

PlayStation portal won’t connect to new broadband

Have up graded my broadband and now the PlayStation portal will not connect to it 

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Re: PlayStation portal won’t connect to new broadband

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Karen+761964 

What changed when you upgraded?

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
This message was authored by Karen+761964 This message was authored by: Karen+761964

New fibre line and new Sky router, was using a deco x60 for a mesh network but unable to use that now

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Karen+761964 

Ah so its probably the Sky hub to blame. There is a pretty lengthy thread here where other users have had the same issue. Hopefully some of the suggestions in this thread help you connect it

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/Play-station-portal/m-p/4513894

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

I have tried all the options suggested in the thread, reset the router (twice) tried to manually assign an IP using the MAC address, only thing I could not get to work as intended was manually switching between the different GHz bands, when I try the router seems to "crash" and the setting is back to default. The portal has also been reset back to default too.

@jamesn123  All sorted now, had to access the hub from a desktop browser not my phone to make the changes, split the networks and un-synchronised the 2 bands to allow this to work

My fix, tried on two hubs, go into the settings and restore to factory default. Sky are clearly rolling something out that overwrites or updates the hub which blocks portal. 

Only way mine connected after restarting and a new hub received was for a tech to come to my house and mannukybreserve the ip using the Mac off the portal. This connects and works everytime now.  

@Lukee90 @Did you note instructions? 

No. But depends if you know how to get into the hub settings via the ip address on the internet. If you do then it is on one of the tabs on there. Cont remember which one exactly. But I assume someone on here may be able to advise on how to do this? Reserving a specific ip address using a MAC address. 

This message was authored by PiotrK This message was authored by: PiotrK

Anyone else had any luck with connecting to the sky box router?

@PiotrK  Go into the router settings from a laptop and try a factory reset. I tried it on two routers, worked on both. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion