Discussion topic: Week 3 Competition: Tell us your favourite HoD Character/Dragon & Why to win a PRIZE!

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia

Week 3 Competition: Tell us your favourite HoD Character/Dragon & Why to win a PRIZE!

Posted by a Sky employee

KevNewMedia_0-1719846190866.jpeg

To be in for a chance of WINNING a £13.99 Sky Store voucher, tell us in the comments your favourite House of the Dragon quote from either series 1 or so far in series 2!

Terms & Conditions

• One winner will be picked at random and contacted through Community Private Message on 08/07 by a member of the Community Management Team
  • Vouchers can only be redeemed and spent at skystore.com
  • Online rentals cannot be sent to your Sky box
  • Codes are valid until 31/12/24

Redemption Steps:

1. Go to skystore.com/redeem
  2. Enter your code and redeem
  3. Sign in using your SkyiD or Sign up (you don’t have to be a Sky customer)
  4. Choose your Sky Store movie (if you have Sky TV select Send to Sky box to watch on the big screen)

House of the Dragon Content Hub 

As the highly anticipated second season of House of the Dragon takes flight on Sky Atlantic, we’re thrilled to invite you to join the Sky Community’s ultimate House of the Dragon experience. Our new hub is your gateway to deeper insights, engaging discussions, and the chance to ** WIN ** incredible prizes, including a state-of-the-art Sky Glass TV with a full subscription package!

Here's how you can get involved!

Step 1: Sign in and tell us if you are Team Black or Team Green by visiting our dedicated hub page and choosing your team. 

Step 2: Like, Comment or get involved in House of the Dragon content and discussions. Our dedicated hub will be filled with content on characters, stories and much more - the more involvement the more you're in with a chance of winning!

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager

Best Answers
This message was authored by Kelsingra This message was authored by: Kelsingra Answer

Re: Week 3 Competition: Tell us your favourite HoD Character/Dragon & Why to win a PRIZE!

Posted by a Sky employee

Congratulations to for winning this week's competition  @Anonymous  - look out for your Private Message shortly 🎉🐉

Kelsingra_2-1720441576596.gif

Week 4's competition is available now by clicking here! Go on, tell us,  which house would you join and why? 

Fanni

Community ModeratorTeam Black

View this Answer within the discussion

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Kelsingra This message was authored by: Kelsingra

Re: Week 3 - Tell us your favourite HoD Character/Dragon to win a PRIZE!

Posted by a Sky employee

I am not participating, just want to share my favourite dragon from HotD 😄

Kelsingra_0-1719846753976.jpeg

If Balerion would be alive most likely my vote would go to him, also would love to see Dreamfyre in her full beauty outside the pit.🐉

Fanni

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: Week 3 - Tell us your favourite HoD Character/Dragon & Why to win a PRIZE!

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Unlike with Game of Thrones, i'm actually finding it hard to like a lot of the characters so far. Most of them have done at least something questionnable throughout the show that makes them hard to get behind. 

I think Ser Erryk has to be up there for me, he has always seemingly does the right thing, ( particularly in last weeks episode).

Baela and Jacaerys are up there but I think we need to see more from Jacaerys and I'm half expecting Baela to become her father's daughter at some point this season and do something underhand.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

1000002029.jpg

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

I've enjoyed how Matt Smith has taken to his character.

From the books and so far in the series, his dragon, Caraxes is just mean and battle ready.

Looking forward to how together they do battle it out later in the series.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

I know its quite obvious but it has to be Daemon, apart from the dragons he steals the show. Matt Smith at his best. 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Anonymous wrote:

I know its quite obvious but it has to be Daemon, apart from the dragons he steals the show. Matt Smith at his best. 

But are you confusing the actual character with the actors performance though. Matt Smith is doing a great job portraying the character but the question is do you actually like the character there if Daemon or just Matt Smith's performance.

I tend to find a lot of actors are great at portraying some of the more complex or "evil" characters (e.g Heath Ledger/The Joker) which means I love the performance but still can't say I like the character.

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Re: Week 3 Competition: Tell us your favourite HoD Character/Dragon & Why to win a PRIZE!

Definatley the character, like Jon Snow he was a **bleep** son and it has made him a realky interesting character with strength, personality and his own 

Evil ness

This message was authored by Kelsingra This message was authored by: Kelsingra

Posted by a Sky employee

if I would have to choose favourite characters I might choose Helaena and Rhaenys. 

Poor Helaena was born in to the wrong side of the family. She would have such a better life if she would born Team Black. They might have even notice the importance of her visions and realise that she is a seer. 

I keep wondering what type of queen Rhaenys would have been. She seems pretty chilled with things during the seasons, accepting her role, think she might have been a better ruler than Viserys was.

Spoiler
still love the scene when she comes with the news of the king's death and Team Green's betrayal crowning a new king, and Aemond talks about their dragons and sais "and we have Meleys"

Kelsingra_0-1720186926485.jpeg

her facial reaction is just "excuse me, what?" 😆

Fanni

@Kelsingra wrote:

if I would have to choose favourite characters I might choose Helaena and Rhaenys. 

Poor Helaena was born in to the wrong side of the family. She would have such a better life if she would born Team Black. They might have even notice the importance of her visions and realise that she is a seer. 

I keep wondering what type of queen Rhaenys would have been. She seems pretty chilled with things during the seasons, accepting her role, think she might have been a better ruler than Viserys was.

Spoiler
still love the scene when she comes with the news of the king's death and Team Green's betrayal crowning a new king, and Aemond talks about their dragons and sais "and we have Meleys"

Kelsingra_0-1720186926485.jpeg

her facial reaction is just "excuse me, what?" 😆

I'm hoping it Season 2 we get to see more of Helaena. Certainly the basis of an interesting chraracter. 

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Kelsingra This message was authored by: Kelsingra Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Congratulations to for winning this week's competition  @Anonymous  - look out for your Private Message shortly 🎉🐉

Kelsingra_2-1720441576596.gif

Week 4's competition is available now by clicking here! Go on, tell us,  which house would you join and why? 

Fanni

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion