Discussion topic: Tennis on sky in 24

This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

Re: Streaming tennis…..red button not working

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Oddie2004 wrote:

So how come I get the red button with football and cricket.Seems like Sky cannot be bothered to service HD+ customers anymore and just want them to swith to Q or Glass.

More accurately, Sky don't feel the need to provide the satellite delivered red button functionality that Sky+HD boxes use. I would imagine for costs reasons. 

I spoke to Customer Service and they told me I needed to upgrade to Q which my TV is not compatible as it is an old model or change to Glass and pay a lot more money.

As a customer of over 21 years they could not really care less and I am seriously considering leaving when my current contracts expire in May.

How does your Sky+HD box connect to your TV? 

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD
This message was authored by PhilHampson-Sky This message was authored by: PhilHampson-Sky

Re: Tennis on sky in 24

@Oddie2004  The SkyQ box requires an HDMI socket, which have been around on TVs for many years.

I was in the same situation last year ( my TV did have HDMI ) and I upgraded to SkyQ at minimal cost ( at least to start with ) for it's potential benefits for tennis, some of which have materialised.

I like the Sky Q box in general and the red button facilities for tennis are very useful so I am glad that I upgraded.

Unfortunately for Sky, tennis fans will always make the comparison with what they had in terms of Replays from Prime and still do from Discovery+.

This message was authored by gaylyons This message was authored by: gaylyons

thinking of sky sports for the tennis channels

Hi all , am thinking of adding sky sports to watch the upcoming tennis this year . Reading some older posts re the loss of the dedicated tennis channel only it appears that I may not be able to record matches being played at odd times due to time differences in countries other than Europe , am I correct in this as if so I would not bother . Can someone please clarify this for me ?🙂

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Re: thinking of sky sports for the tennis channels

@gaylyons I have moved your post into a large post all about the Tennis on Sky 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by PhilHampson-Sky This message was authored by: PhilHampson-Sky

@gaylyons Sky have a dedicated Tennis Channel now which you can record. Time differences in other countries are no restriction, you just need to work out what time matches you wish to watch will be shown in the UK.  However this single channel will not cope with situations where matches of interest are being played at the same time. During daytime hours when you are free to watch, the red button system may solve this  dilemma but during the night, when you are ( or should be ) asleep, you can not  record these red button matches and, as is constantly aired in this forum, Sky's On Demand service is poor.

This message was authored by EPW1 This message was authored by: EPW1

I agree with many of the observations about Sky's tennis coverage being poor. Can I also observe that there is very little coverage of Men's Doubles which is what most club players in UK play.Delray Beach had two British players in the final but as far as I could see, was not covered

EPW1

This message was authored by gaylyons This message was authored by: gaylyons

Thank you for your response Phil , I have since posting my question trawled through all previous posts on this and am shocked and disappointed with the offerings from Sky 😳 . Like previous posters I am really missing Prime coverage and was hoping Sky would provide a similar level of coverage but sadly  it seems not ! 

I will give sky sports a miss as I think it is a waste of money paying for a sub standard service, I can only hope Sky improves and quickly .

Once again Thank you 👍

This message was authored by PhilHampson-SkyThis message w

This message was authored by PhilHampson-SkyThis message was authored by:
This message was authored by notpleased1 This message was authored by: notpleased1

Sky Sports Tennis

I find the comments from the MD utterly shocking , obviously not a tennis fan 

Also why do we not see the people responsible for this mess responding to the valid criticisms in this forum ? 

until the same functionality is provided as was available on Prime Sky should at the minimum cut the subscription by half 

immediately. 

(removed)

Bring back Marcus and Petch I also think Naomi Broady would be far far better than Robson ,(very wooden) ,on every level. 

Moderator note: Removed unfounded allegations and Changed title to reflect topic more.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Sky Sports Tennis

@notpleased1 wrote:

Also why do we not see the people responsible for this mess responding to the valid criticisms in this forum ?

Because it's essentially a customer Community. If you want a response from Sky, contact the Viewer Relations team as previously posted.

• @gaylyons With Indian Wells and Miami coming up in the same calender month, maybe worthwhile giving TennisTV a try with a month's subscription ( timed to cover both ). From my previous experience of using TennisTV, I think that all ( or nearly all ) the matches should be available to watch  live or as replays soon after finishing. From what I recall ( may have improved now ) skipping forwards or backwards in the video was not as good as with Sky recordings. I was viewing directly on a TV using my Firestick. I may be doing this again myself for these 2 tournaments - should not have to !

@notpleased1 Sure, complain to Sky but don't expect a meaningful reply.

This message was authored by EPW1 This message was authored by: EPW1

Tennis coverage

Why have the same match on two different channels.Rublev match is on both Main Event and Sky Tennis at the moment.Why not show a match from another court or even some doubles. Prime was so much better. 

Why is Mark Petchy not being used as a pundit ?

This message was authored by notpleased1 This message was authored by: notpleased1

@PhilHampson-Sky 

Yes I suspect you are correct I wonder why they bother facilitating this forum 

if they are not concerned about its content ?? 

This message was authored by Oddie2004 This message was authored by: Oddie2004

ViewerR are useless and could not care less.

Email them and ask them to forward any complaints to Customer Priority Team if you are a VIP.At least they are more helpful bu tbh the whole Tennis offering is very poor atmo.Instead of deciding to show nearly every ATP/WTA tournament over the season they should have just covered ATP and 500 tournaments which would have allowed them to offer more coverage instead of doing the smaller tournaments which I for one are not particularly interested in especially if no brits are competing.With time differences huge in many countries who really wants to watch a recorded or catch up match when the result is already known and also they should be offering more doubles coverage of the Brits as the men are all doing really well even though they have non british partners.Sky have not really thought this through and although I am subscribed to the whole sky sports package because it is cheaper I only watch Tennis,Cricket and Football and to ask £18.00 for a one off subscription is unbelievable.I am paying £19.00 for the complete sports pack with a substantial discount for being a Diamond Vip and my contract finishes in May and they are increasing all prices in April between 3-5%.

Re: Tennis coverage

@EPW1 

Yes Petchy is truly passionate about the sport his analysis was outstanding and now very much missed. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion