Discussion topic: Sky sports plus and how does it change what I can watch

This message was authored by Andy1902 This message was authored by: Andy1902

Sky sports plus and how does it change what I can watch

I only subscribe to Sky Sports action as I only watch a few sports. What happens with the new sky sports plus, will I get that included?

Moderator note: Amended title to better reflect query

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Re: Sky sports plus

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Andy1902  Sky has been very clear on this within their marketing   

to access sky sports plus customers require the complete Sky Sports pack subscription 

there are no exceptions to the above 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Andy1902 

Taken from here:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12196/13131189/sky-sports-launches-in-august-to-give-more-ch...

Once live, customers with a full Sky Sports subscription won't need to do a thing; Sky Sports+ will simply drop into the existing Sky experience, across Sky Glass, Sky Stream, Sky Q, and NOW.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Active This message was authored by: Active

Sports plus

As a council tenant they will not adjust the comunial dish to get sky q as a hd+ user and not wanting stream as been told they have many issues so after having sky for over 30 yrs and the hd box will not support sports plus it looks like when by contract ends will move over  to now TV. Why pay £25 for sky entertainment.😢😢😢

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Sports plus

@Active the other option is Sky Strea m which does not require a dish, records in the cloud and only requires an internet connection. Especially for watching sport it is a viable alternative.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Pablus This message was authored by: Pablus

Are you saying you can't get any sport with the HD plus box connected to the dish?

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@Pablus wrote:

Are you saying you can't get any sport with the HD plus box connected to the dish?

@Pablus  Whilst a sky plus hd box may have access to the linear satellite channel (this is still to be confirmed) you won't have access to the additional content that is broadcast over the internet 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by Pablus This message was authored by: Pablus

@Andy1902 wrote:

I only subscribe to Sky Sports action as I only watch a few sports. What happens with the new sky sports plus, will I get that included?

Ok thanks.l hope they keep it going until everyone's got decent download speeds which isn't happening here for 6-18 months. 

This message was authored by AnnJeff This message was authored by: AnnJeff

I have the complete sky sports package however I do not have WiFi. Do I need WiFi to benefit from the sky sports plus channel? As I watched a rugby league game on 8th August in this channel but when I went to watch another rugby league game on 9th august it was not showing the game despite being advertised as showing on sky sports plus

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@AnnJeff wrote:

I have the complete sky sports package however I do not have WiFi. Do I need WiFi to benefit from the sky sports plus channel? As I watched a rugby league game on 8th August in this channel but when I went to watch another rugby league game on 9th august it was not showing the game despite being advertised as showing on sky sports plus

So rather confusingly Sky have a Sky Sports + TV channel, and have also called the extra internet based streams Sky Sports +.

The Sky Sports + channel can be watched as normal via Sky +, Sky Q, Sky Glass, Sky Stream, and NOW TV. For games not being broadcast on the Sky Sports + TV channel, you require internet access to watch the additional sporting events.  If you have Sky Q, this needs to be connected to the internet to access the streams. If you have Sky +, you can't access the additional streams via your Sky box and would need to use the Sky Sports app for mobiles and tablets to access the additional games.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion