Discussion topic: Sky-netflix-apple tv + bundle

This message was authored by ftakeith1 This message was authored by: ftakeith1

Sky-netflix-apple tv + bundle

The above is coming to Sky Stream in the coming months because Comcast is bringing peacock -Netflix -Apple TV+ Bundle in the USA

All Replies

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: Sky-netflix-apple tv + bundle

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Just because Comcast has done this deal in the US doesn't guarantee it will be coming over to Sky in the UK.

It would certainly be nice to see Apple TV+ included alongside Netflix but I really wouldn't expect anything to happen until you see a press release from Sky.

Not everything that happens in the US will happen globally for all Comcast subsidiaries, just look at how Peacock hasn't been rolled out globally as a prime example.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

If such a bundle were to happen (which it probably will) then it's  worth considering the actual relative value of it. 

Apple TV+ has already been offered free for various periods by Sky over the past few years. I've had 2 x 6 month free offers from Sky along with various other free periods from other companies such as Currys, Barclaycard, EE and others. It's the one streaming TV service that's been consistently available for free via some means for several years. 

If Apple TV+ were to be bundled with the Sky Entertainment streaming package then it will certainly involve an overall price increase. The current Entertainment + Netflix price is £28pm (18months) or £31pm (31day) which has already increased quite significantly from what it was this time last year. Occasional 18 month deals are offered (£19pm is currently available) but the addition of Apple TV+ will likely bump the monthly cost by a couple of pounds at least. 

The monthly subscription cost increases recently are all no doubt to help pay for the introduction of new things like Sky Sports+, which for some people (like me) are pointless. Customers therefore need to judge the relative value of what they actually use and work out if it's worth it.

Bundle deals are very good at creating the illusion of incredible value - you're getting all this amazing content for one low price! the marketing will scream, but do you actually watch much of the content it's offering? 

It'll be interesting to see the pricing structure of this, if (or when) it materialises. It's certainly becoming a 'thing' in the industry, with Warner Bros and Disney also joining forces to offer a bundle of Disney+, Hulu and Max in the USA.

In Australia, their version of the Stream puck, the Hubbl Hub, already offers discounts on streaming services paid for via the service, much like Virgin Stream does here too. It's pretty much only a matter of time before Sky follow suit and does the same. 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Padam_Padam wrote:

If such a bundle were to happen (which it probably will) then it's  worth considering the actual relative value of it. 

Apple TV+ has already been offered free for various periods by Sky over the past few years. I've had 2 x 6 month free offers from Sky along with various other free periods from other companies such as Currys, Barclaycard, EE and others. It's the one streaming TV service that's been consistently available for free via some means for several years. 

If Apple TV+ were to be bundled with the Sky Entertainment streaming package then it will certainly involve an overall price increase. The current Entertainment + Netflix price is £28pm (18months) or £31pm (31day) which has already increased quite significantly from what it was this time last year. Occasional 18 month deals are offered (£19pm is currently available) but the addition of Apple TV+ will likely bump the monthly cost by a couple of pounds at least. 

The monthly subscription cost increases recently are all no doubt to help pay for the introduction of new things like Sky Sports+, which for some people (like me) are pointless. Customers therefore need to judge the relative value of what they actually use and work out if it's worth it.

Bundle deals are very good at creating the illusion of incredible value - you're getting all this amazing content for one low price! the marketing will scream, but do you actually watch much of the content it's offering? 

It'll be interesting to see the pricing structure of this, if (or when) it materialises. It's certainly becoming a 'thing' in the industry, with Warner Bros and Disney also joining forces to offer a bundle of Disney+, Hulu and Max in the USA.

In Australia, their version of the Stream puck, the Hubbl Hub, already offers discounts on streaming services paid for via the service, much like Virgin Stream does here too. It's pretty much only a matter of time before Sky follow suit and does the same. 

That's exactly what I was thinking with regards to price and the number of free trial periods it's often easy to get for Apple TV +. Over the past 18 months I think I've had Apple TV + free for 12 months from various offers and just cancel it after the trials and wait for the next one to become available.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

@MarkGoldsmith wrote:

@Padam_Padam wrote:

That's exactly what I was thinking with regards to price and the number of free trial periods it's often easy to get for Apple TV +. Over the past 18 months I think I've had Apple TV + free for 12 months from various offers and just cancel it after the trials and wait for the next one to become available.

Yeah, it's funny, I've paid for Apple TV+ the least over the past 2-3 years, yet it's the service we watch the most out of all the ones we do actually subscribe to (Netflix/Prime/Disney+).

If Apple do stop offering all these lengthy free trials I'll happily pay for it though. Prime can do one - it's by far the poorest. 

This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

When coda won at the Oscars, there was a statistic quoted. Either apple tv in the US had 15 million subscribers or 15% of jousehold subscribed.

Of the subscribers in the US, an estimated 2/3rd were on free accounts.

I think the remaining third forgot to unsubscribe when their free trial ended :d 

---------
ROI sky Q Customer

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion