Discussion topic: Sky Sports+ launches today!

This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22

Sky Sports+ launches today!

Posted by a Sky employee

Sky Sports+Sky Sports+

From Thursday August 8, Sky Sports subscribers can enjoy the new Sky Sports+ dedicated channel and numerous live streams, offering fans more choice than ever before, all at no extra cost.

See the full details on our dedicated Community News article, here!

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Re: Sky Sports+ launches today!

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Chloe-W22 I'll observe that sky sports are still currently advertising tonight's super league game as being on arena not sports plus linear channel just before 8am this morning, not sure if it's been updated since 

edit as of 10am still advertising as arena on the bottom on screen scroll 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

Yes its still showing on the main TV guide as the old channel, but if you click into it, then its the new channel. The other way you can see the new name, is when you go to the sports tab at the top of the home menu, and then to sport, and then to guide, it comes up with the new name. It has also swapped on Sky Go. It just hasnt changed the name on the main TV guide, but apparently it will do by 6pm

This message was authored by gilbo2 This message was authored by: gilbo2

All seems to working 🙂 now although so far its just replicating Sky Sports News. Looking forward to the EFL starting at the weekend 😉

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Sky help pages have been updated with help fixing problems and setting up ( on mobile/tablet);

Main page

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-sports-plus

Sky Q and Sky Stream/Glass - fixing problems with the Sky Sports + app;

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/apps-on-sky-q-and-glass-sky-sports

Sky mobile (phone/tablet - Android/iOS/iPadOS) - fixing problems and setting up for the Sky Sports + app;

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-sports-what-do-you-need-help-with

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

All been updated on my Stream 🙂

@lettice Very useful. 

@Super+Anthony wrote:

All been updated on my Stream 🙂

Yes mine too, the linear Sky Sports + channel, 410, appeared on Sky Stream just after 1pm for me, without doing any kind of puck device restart.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.

Exactly the same for me. There is only one question I would raise to Sky on those very help guides. When pressing the red button on any of the Sports channels, I think it will only work when there is an event in the background. It wont be all the time? @lettice 

@Super+Anthony wrote:

Exactly the same for me. There is only one question I would raise to Sky on those very help guides. When pressing the red button on any of the Sports channels, I think it will only work when there is an event in the background. It wont be all the time? @lettice 

That maybe the case.

On stream being the four coloured buttons (aka red button term).

But then it may not always show, even when an event is available for that specific sports genre channel. The prompt is timed to go off from the screen after a time.

It will not harm hitting the button though, it will do it or not, if available.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@lettice wrote:

@Super+Anthony wrote:

That maybe the case.

On stream being the four coloured buttons (aka red button term).

But then it may not always show, even when an event is available for that specific sports genre channel. The prompt is timed to go off from the screen after a time.

It will not harm hitting the button though, it will do it or not, if available.

You can always manually open the app on Sky Stream as well if the interactive button prompt isn't available at that time on a particular channel.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Thanks both of you. It just helps especially being neurodivergent having that logo on and knowing there is something on in the background, that's all

@Super+Anthony wrote:

Thanks both of you. It just helps especially being neurodivergent having that logo on and knowing there is something on in the background, that's all

Another good way, is just say 'tennis', 'golf' 'football' '>your football team<' (like Leeds or Portsmouth), 'Championship', 'league one', 'league two' and the like into your sky remote. 

This will bring up a rail showing the live matches on now or upcomg (with start times) that will open the linear channel or open the stream within the Sky Sports + app.

Or to get same rail got to Sports and pan down for each Sports section. 

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
This message was authored by Andrew8476 This message was authored by: Andrew8476

Up to now I'm very disappointed with the new channel as there is no option to record Super League games now. Why isn't the pause/rewind available for these matches? I pay a fortune to Sky each month and have done for 25+ years and now feel like I'm getting less for my money.

This message was authored by Neil18354 This message was authored by: Neil18354

Andrew, I agree it is a poor service, I can't even get either of tonight's matches.  The red button does nothing.

looks like I shall have to cancel my subscription 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion