Discussion topic: Sky Cinema subscribers now get access to Vue Cinema tickets

This message was authored by Tpbel This message was authored by: Tpbel

No Vue cinema in Northern Ireland

Anyone else in Northern Ireland signed up to Sky Cinema only to find we can't use the free monthly Vue cinema tickets here? I wonder if anyone in Sky HQ realises this - or cares? I tried sending en email but got sent here instead. I see there is a thread for thanking them but none for complaining. Hope you guys in England, Scotland and Wales make good use of your tickets! Maybe think about your customers in Northern Ireland next time, Sky.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: No Vue cinema in Northern Ireland

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Tpbel 

I've moved your post into a thread already discussing this. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Earthmother This message was authored by: Earthmother

Re: No Vue cinema in Northern Ireland

@Tpbel  Nobody in Northern Ireland can get tickets.  They do not care.  They do not reply to phone, email or letter.  So I am escalating this. To CISAS,  Trading, and Advertising standards.  (removed)

Moderator note: Removed for campaigning

Re: Sky Cinema subscribers now get access to Vue Cinema tickets

@Earthmother Brilliant - well done. I emailed the people who put out the press release to explain the difference between UK and GB, and Ireland and ROI. Clueless. Happy to be a part of the campaign.

This message was authored by Earthmother This message was authored by: Earthmother

@Tpbel   I was told by customer service, that tough, read the small print.  However,  the fact that they knew this, before printing the small print, negates this defence.  (removed)  Fed up with Northern Ireland always being second class.

Moderator note: Removed for campaigning

@Earthmother The small print talks about the UK - 'any Vue cinema in the UK'. I think that's where they'll come unstuck with the advertising authorities. If they had referred to GB it would have been defensible. They might as well have said any Vue cinema in the UK, USA, Canada etc etc -same difference as there are none in those other countries either!

@Tpbel   My point exactly.  Vip has always been technically unavailable to us,  and this was supposed to have sorted it out!!?

This message was authored by Ashleigh7 This message was authored by: Ashleigh7

Its strange because we are part of UK as UK is made up of England , scotland, wales and northern ireland

This message was authored by Ashleigh7 This message was authored by: Ashleigh7

Northern Ireland has never been part of GB though as Great Britain is made up of 3 constituent countries which are the mainland of england scotland and wales. But since 1922 I believe the UK is and has been England scotland wales and northern Ireland. So I dont see why they advertise for us when we cant use it. Because the posts are everywhere yet unable to use. Gets not only users pointless rewards who live in Northern ireland but disappointment to children within that family who gets excited over FREE cinema 

This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

Has anyone asked Vue Cinemas why they don't operate in Northern Ireland? That would appear to be the main stumbling block in this joint promotion between Sky and Vue.

I'm sure there are many people in mainland UK who live, what they consider to be, too far from a Vue Cinema to make use of the offer. It's unfortunate but don't see how Sky are to blame. 

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Ashleigh7 wrote:

So I dont see why they advertise for us when we cant use it.  

Presumably you could (unless Vue ticketing doesn't permit a cross-border transaction) but the travel time is somewhat unfeasible, just as it is here in mid-Wales, or from northern Scotland.

That the venues are literally in another country is a somewhat different issue.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Mr+Ripley This message was authored by: Mr+Ripley

@oj01 wrote:

Has anyone asked Vue Cinemas why they don't operate in Northern Ireland? That would appear to be the main stumbling block in this joint promotion between Sky and Vue.

I'm sure there are many people in mainland UK who live, what they consider to be, too far from a Vue Cinema to make use of the offer. It's unfortunate but don't see how Sky are to blame. 

I think I mentioned this before. This is much more of a Sky offer than a Vue offer. Also, surely it was Sky who was responsible for the advertising, so imo, I do think Sky is at blame here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extraordinary Attorney Woo is THE BEST foreign series on Netflix
This message was authored by Mr+Ripley This message was authored by: Mr+Ripley

@Mr+Ripley wrote:

@KRhindhoops  I used it the other day, it was easy to do, these are the steps I took.

Open the MYSky app.

Tap the Sky VIP icon at the bottom of the page.

Right at the top is the Vue offer, tap on that.

You should see a page that shows you your codes for the month.

Use these codes when booking online at Vue. You enter them after choosing your seat(s). It will then show that the price you're paying is zero, no need to enter any card details. 

That was it. If you want to use the codes at the cinema itself then check the FAQ section on the MySky app on the offer page for how to do it.

I feel this needs an edit. The Vue offer is no longer at the top of the page, you have to scroll down to find it.

As to how it works at the cinema itself, on the offer page on the MySky app where you can see the monthly codes, there's a paragraph that says ... " tap here to view QR codes & show these at your local Vue. ". I used this option yesterday & it worked fine.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extraordinary Attorney Woo is THE BEST foreign series on Netflix

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion