Discussion topic: Sky Cinema subscribers now get access to Vue Cinema tickets

This message was authored by stereohaven This message was authored by: stereohaven

Sky Cinema subscribers now get access to Vue Cinema tickets

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I did search but couldn't find reference to this story so sharing just in case:

Sky Cinema subscribers get access to the Big Screen 

A Sky Cinema subscription now unlocks access to the latest box office hits on the big screen, months before they reach TV.

Sky’s new partnership with Vue cinema means subscribers can claim two free cinema tickets each month. The tickets are valid for standard 2D screenings from Sunday until Thursday inclusive.

I have checked MySky and have mine for October, might have to go and see The Creator now!

-------------------------

LG OLED | Sky Q | EE TV Pro | BT Smart Hub 2 | Apple TV 4K

All Replies

This message was authored by rscott This message was authored by: rscott

Re: Sky Cinema subscribers now get access to Vue Cinema tickets

stereohaven
Topic Author
This message was authored by stereohaven This message was authored by: stereohaven

Weirdly, although the press release is dated yesterday, it wasn't available last night when I posted, hence the RXTV link.

With up to 4 VUE tickets a month from my Vitality plan and 2 from Sky, ironically I won't need Sky Cinema as I will have seen everything! 🤣

-------------------------

LG OLED | Sky Q | EE TV Pro | BT Smart Hub 2 | Apple TV 4K
This message was authored by Mr+Ripley This message was authored by: Mr+Ripley

@stereohaven Thanks for this post, I might not have known about the offer otherwise. A nice deal from Sky VIP.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extraordinary Attorney Woo is THE BEST foreign series on Netflix
This message was authored by KRhindhoops This message was authored by: KRhindhoops

Anyone know how to claim? The link in the MySky app doesn't do anything 

@KRhindhoops  I used it the other day, it was easy to do, these are the steps I took.

Open the MYSky app.

Tap the Sky VIP icon at the bottom of the page.

Right at the top is the Vue offer, tap on that.

You should see a page that shows you your codes for the month.

Use these codes when booking online at Vue. You enter them after choosing your seat(s). It will then show that the price you're paying is zero, no need to enter any card details. 

That was it. If you want to use the codes at the cinema itself then check the FAQ section on the MySky app on the offer page for how to do it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@KRhindhoops  To add to my answer, I didn't do all those steps on my phone. I used my phone to get the codes but used my laptop to make the booking, so I didn't do exactly how it tells you to claim in the FAQ section for booking online, although it was similar.

This message was authored by SanderCohen This message was authored by: SanderCohen

Strangely Sky are advertising this deal on Billboards all around Northern Ireland even though Vue Cinema's don't operate here... is there any plans to use an alternative cinema chain here?

This message was authored by Ev71 This message was authored by: Ev71

Just be aware, that buried in the fine print is a note that there are daily limits on how many free tickets are available to be redeemed each day.

It's very possible that the night you want to go out has run out of codes.

It's not the simple deal they are making it out to be.

Vue Cinema Tickets Offer: Offer ends 30 September 2024. Maximum of two standard tickets every month per Sky Cinema customers. Valid for showings from Sunday to Thursday. Offer not available to customers on a Sky Cinema trial offer, NOW Cinema Members or to Virgin Media customers. Requires latest version of My Sky app to generate voucher codes. Redeem codes for tickets on myvue.com, in Vue app or at Vue box office for a 2D admission ticket (Regular Seat, Super Saver, or Saver) to any Vue Cinema in the UK or ROI. Daily limits apply. First come, first served. See full list of exclusions and available upgrades here. 

This message was authored by piers1309 This message was authored by: piers1309

It's a shame that Sky seem to ignore people who live in rural areas. For me to use the free cinema tickets I would have a 104 mile round trip. Come on Sky!!!

This message was authored by Earthmother This message was authored by: Earthmother

Using free vip cinema tickets in Northern Ireland. We don’t have vue cinemas

Does anyone know how we can use the free cinema tickets in Northern Ireland?  We do not have vue cinemas.  We are  not mentioned on the cinemas website

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Using free vip cinema tickets in Northern Ireland. We don’t have vue cinemas

@Earthmother 

I've moved your post into a thread discussing this offer. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Earthmother This message was authored by: Earthmother

Re: Using free vip cinema tickets in Northern Ireland. We don’t have vue cinemas

Thankyou

This message was authored by SanderCohen This message was authored by: SanderCohen

I've asked the same question @Earthmother but there doesn't seem to be any alternative over here. Despite them advertising this offer all around NI and we don't even have the cinema chain here...

Once again we're second class citizens.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion