STV player thinks I am out of region 
how can I fix this

All Replies

This message was authored by ZyloKai This message was authored by: ZyloKai

Re: STV player thinks I am out of region

@Claire791 wrote:

how can I fix this

Are you using a Sky device such as a Sky Q or Sky Glass to use the STV Player? If so, I would expect that the region is determined by your Sky Viewing Card or your Account Information. The same should be for the Sky Go app.

If you are trying to access the STV Player directly via their website or via the STV Player app; your location is based off your IP address. If you're on mobile, try switching to another network or use your mobile Internet.

Some IP addresses may not actually be in your location depending how the network is set up, or maybe your network provider is using a back-up network connection nearby (possibly to the ITV Border region or cross-border into England). 

For example, I'm in Dublin and on Sky Fibre Broadband. Sometimes, my location is shown at Athy, Kildare, Cobh in Co. Cork, or in Co. Meath. I suspect this is probably because the Dublin network connection is becoming crowded. 

In this case, just give it some time, as it should correct itself.

However, if this is becoming an ongoing issue, you may want to get in contact with STV, and ask them to add your IP address to their region list.

[Note: I've over-simplified Computer Networking terminology for global understanding]

This message was authored by xenon81 This message was authored by: xenon81

Re: STV player thinks I am out of region

@Claire791 wrote:

how can I fix this

Which ITV region are you in? How are you trying to access STV player and what programme are you trying to watch? STV player is available across the UK but, if you're not in the STV regions, you can only watch ITV programmes on ITVx. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion