Discussion topic: Resident Alien audio out of sync

This message was authored by StackAndFlora This message was authored by: StackAndFlora

Resident Alien audio out of sync

Every episode of Resident Alien so far has had the audio slightly out of sync with the picture. It's a great show, but becoming annoying to watch. 

Nothing else has the problem, either live or recorded so I don't think it's the Q box. 

Anyone else noticed this?

Best Answers
This message was authored by Kei+M This message was authored by: Kei+M Answer

Re: Resident Alien audio out of sync

Eventually found it 😁, obviously, the horse has bolted on this one but it should stop any future series suffering from the same issue. One of the audio normalisation systems that we use to make sure the volume isn't too high or too low started to introduce delay to certain audio files. We've now deployed a fix to this system 🎉.

Thanks,

Kei
Community Manager

View this Answer within the discussion

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Afin79 This message was authored by: Afin79

Yes. I've noticed it as well and it's really annoying.

I thought it was something wrong with my tv/sound bar set up.

I'm sorry it's happening to you as well but I'm glad it's  not just me.

please fix this Sky, I shouldn't have to manually change the sound delay just for one program.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

The people to contact about this are the Viewer Relations team and this is their email address - viewerR@sky.uk

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
StackAndFlora
Topic Author
This message was authored by StackAndFlora This message was authored by: StackAndFlora

So, reported it to viewer relations, and to be fair they replied in a matter of hours:

"Thank you for your e-mail regarding Resident Alien on Sky One.

We really appreciate you taking the time to contact us at Sky.

I can confirm we have had no reported issues with the sound being out of sync on the above programme.  Please accept our apologies if this has spoilt your viewing."

So that's that then, it must just be us!

This message was authored by Zenzaris This message was authored by: Zenzaris

I have this exact annoying issue. Just on this show and it drives me crazy. 

StackAndFlora
Topic Author

Please drop an email to viewerR@sky.uk about it.  I'd be interested to see if they say nobody has reported it, as I already have.

This message was authored by ain+howat This message was authored by: ain+howat

Yes it is out of sync,ver annoying.

I've emailed about it

This message was authored by andi+jacko This message was authored by: andi+jacko

Thank god its not just me. Anyone found a fix? As the only fix I found knocked all my other channels out of sync

This message was authored by Essex+Guy This message was authored by: Essex+Guy

OMG I thought I was alone with this problem! So annoying! I'm using a Sony AF9 with a Sonos Arc connected by eARC.

It's only happening on Resident Alien. I can "fix" it by going into my TV audio settings and forcing AV Sync to "on". I have to switch it back to Auto after watching the show though as this puts everything else out of sync! 

Please fix this Sky! It annoys me but more annoyingly my family give me grief over this! 

I also get the same issue with Modern Family on Sky One. 

Again I can fix this by either enabling Auto Sync in the TV (Sony AF9) menu (but this puts everything else out of sync) or switching the Sky output to 1080i instead of 2160p.

This message was authored by ToneXIR19 This message was authored by: ToneXIR19

There is a sync setting on The Sky+ within Settings>Sound where you can adjust the audio to visual settings by milliseconds to match what you see. Don’t know about Now tv or SkyQ though.

This message was authored by Kristoon This message was authored by: Kristoon

I have the exact same problem. Out of sync and any adjustments in the settings just make it worse. It's frustrating as it's only happening for Resident Alien. Standard HDMI connection to the TV.

While I'm here does anyones sound drop for a millisecond everyone and then on most recordings/netflix/boxsets?

This message was authored by doctorlunch This message was authored by: doctorlunch

Yes, I have the same problem and agree its very annoying. I've tried everything to fix it but with no luck. I guess Sky don't think it is bad enough to worry about. I suggest everyone should email them again.

Yep I get sound dropouts on most recordings. Very annoying! 

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Agree, the latest episode that I recrorded was out of sync.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion