Discussion topic: Is Barry still on?

This message was authored by angryhobbit This message was authored by: angryhobbit

Is Barry still on?

I'm confused - Barry seems to have disapeared from the available shows, but it's still included in the 'what to watch' emails Sky send me. What gives?

Best Answers
This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte Answer

Re: Is Barry still on?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

The last episode aired on sky comedy on 29th May and would have left catch up a month later due to the 30 day catch up period unfortunately.

---------
ROI sky Q Customer

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

I'm afraid you might need to tell us what show.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Mark39 

https://www.hbo.com/barry 

Spoiler

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte Answer

The last episode aired on sky comedy on 29th May and would have left catch up a month later due to the 30 day catch up period unfortunately.

---------
ROI sky Q Customer
angryhobbit
Topic Author
This message was authored by angryhobbit This message was authored by: angryhobbit

Would it still be on box sets?

This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

@angryhobbit wrote:

Would it still be on box sets?

Unfortunately it has not yet been added to box sets after it expired from catch up

---------
ROI sky Q Customer
This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

You can buy all 4 seasons of Barry on Prime Video or iTunes for about £15 each. Annoyingly they're only in HD (like they were on Sky), whereas the HBO Max streaming service in the USA where they originate from (now just called Max) has them in 4K with Dolby Vision. 

This message was authored by GroovingPict This message was authored by: GroovingPict

Barry is still appearing in the 'What's On' emails top 5, latest only 3 days ago, yet not available?Capture.JPG

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

It's likely the Sky marketing team just haven't removed the old image from their emails.

its really stupid and you would think a marketing team would be able to sync with the relevant programming team to figure out which shows are coming this month and which they even have available on-demand. Unfortunately out of loop marketing teams is very very common

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by J_Tyler This message was authored by: J_Tyler

It's a shame as Barry was one of the best shows of recent years IMHO. Superbly written, brilliantly acted and unlike anything else on TV. 

I actually watched the final season whilst I was working in the USA earlier this year. They streamed it (and all the previous seasons) in 4K with Dolby Vision via the Max app which now shows all HBO programmes. Shame Sky never got the 4K versions - it was always just HD. I don't think you can buy the 4K versions at all, even on UHD BluRay - you can only stream them on Max. 

This message was authored by GroovingPict This message was authored by: GroovingPict

If that's the case it's incredible given it's been 6 months since they took it down. These emails go out to millions and it's false advertising. Shame we can't actually complain about it.

I think it was only around 2 months after season 4 went up they took the whole lot down.

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

You could always report to OFCOM if you believe it's false advertising as they are advertising a show that isn't available.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@MarkGoldsmith 

ASA, not Ofcom.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion