This message was authored by Patrick36 This message was authored by: Patrick36

I want more recording time on my sky box

I want more recording space on my sky box

All Replies

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Re: I want more recording time on my sky box

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Not possibile, there is no way to add disk space to a box

Sky support for Sky+HD and earlier systems has ended, you can still get support if you already have Sky Protect insurance otherwise you'll have to find your own 3rd party company to get support from at your own expense
This message was authored by Mr+Ripley This message was authored by: Mr+Ripley

Get another box? 🤔

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extraordinary Attorney Woo is THE BEST foreign series on Netflix
This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

@Mr+Ripley wrote:

Get another box? 🤔

You don't know what box they have now to know if your advice would be appropriate 🙂

Sky support for Sky+HD and earlier systems has ended, you can still get support if you already have Sky Protect insurance otherwise you'll have to find your own 3rd party company to get support from at your own expense
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Patrick36 

The idea is you watch a programme and then delete it. Sky boxes are not intended for storing viewed programmes long term. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

Only way to get more recording time would be to delete some stuff you no longer need

Bear in mind, [as N example] sky estimate of sd recordings on a 1tb sky q box is 500 hours and 2tb sky q box is 1,000 hours (for HD, you could divide time by 50% so 250 hours/500 hours).

It is a lot 

Plus if the hard drive malfunctions (like mine did last september), you'll lose the recordings. I know it is hard but sometimes you have to admit, I'll never watch them.

If you find using up a lot of space, sd recordings use less space.

---------
ROI sky Q Customer

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

@Patrick36 wrote:

If you would like more recording space and currently have a 1Tb Sky Q box, you can pay to upgrade to a 2Tb model. 

If you currently have a Sky+ box then you will need to source a box with a larger hard drive from a third party supplier such as eBay as Sky no longer supply them. 

This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

@Padam_Padam wrote:

@Patrick36 wrote:

If you would like more recording space and currently have a 1Tb Sky Q box, you can pay to upgrade to a 2Tb model. 

If you currently have a Sky+ box then you will need to source a box with a larger hard drive from a third party supplier such as eBay as Sky no longer supply them. 

It should be noted, Changing q box from 1tb to 2tb  would mean losing the current q box (and the recordings on it)

---------
ROI sky Q Customer

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion