Discussion topic: House Of The Dragons UHD

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Wilseus This message was authored by: Wilseus

Re: House Of The Dragons UHD

For what it's worth, I also tried sone different picture modes including "Game" mode, but this does not get around the issue on HotD as it apparently does for some Samsung TVs.

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

There is no TV that is "too good".

I loved GoT precisely because it played it straight. You could not do some of the storylines in that series for laughs (and quite a few of them mirrored real events in British history of the monarchy) but it did lose its way a bit after the book material ran out and did too much fan service and rushing things.

This message was authored by Mr+Bone This message was authored by: Mr+Bone

I completely agree no tv is too good. I was so surprised when they were using that as the excuse for they're poor implementation of hlg. Almost feels like they do it on purpose to try and push people for the glass. Which was why I ended up with this tv in the first place. Glass was awful!

This message was authored by Wilseus This message was authored by: Wilseus

Sorry for the thread necromancy, but I've just been watching the new series (3) of Cobra in UHD and it suffers from exactly the same problem: a very saturated blue in very dark areas. And this is a Sky original and not converted from HBO!

This message was authored by MassimoM. This message was authored by: MassimoM.

Fix is done.

Thanks to last Samsung update.

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Hey @Wilseus 

As @MassimoM. has said, a firmware update was processed by Samsung internationally to fix the issue.  We'd recommend either updating your TV, or contact them to see if your TV can be updated.

EDIT: I'm going to close this thread to prevent future problems going unoticed.

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion