Discussion topic: Harry Potter movies leaving Sky movies today will they return?

This message was authored by no+ban+more+caution This message was authored by: no+ban+more+caution

Harry Potter movies leaving Sky movies today will they return?

Harry Potter Movies, the whole set have been available on movies for a while now, however all 8 are only available in for 1 day from today Feb 26 2021 😭

Will they return to Sky Movies or have they lost the rights to stream them?

Does anyone know of another service in the UK to stream all 8 from. 

Learnt they were leaving 3 days ago, and devastated, as one of the main reasons to stay with Sky, little point now if can’t have the full catalogue of Harry Potter films 😭😭

Best Answers
This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22 Answer

Re: Harry Potter movies leaving Sky movies today will they return?

Posted by a Sky employee

Hey all,

As a big Harry Potter fan, I'm sad about this too!

Our licence finished in February and we don't yet have a date for the return☹️

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

View this Answer within the discussion

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

They will probably be back some time in the future as this happen every so often with the films that the rights leave Sky and move to another broadcaster only to return to Sky later.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

@no+ban+more+caution have you checked if they have an automatic deletion date if you download them t your box. 

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD
no+ban+more+caution
Topic Author
This message was authored by no+ban+more+caution This message was authored by: no+ban+more+caution

@oj01  I will check for my dad as he has Sky, didn't actually think of that, will have to guide him over the phone unless there is a way to do this remotely?

I access via NowTV pass where I am with lockdown, so can’t download.

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

If Harry Potter movies are the ONLY reason you sub to Sky then why not purchase them on Disk then you'll have then forever with no ties to a subscription?

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Annie+UK @no+ban+more+caution 

8-film, 16-disk Blu-ray sets for £20-£40 on eBay, with more 'extras' and 'bonus features' than any Muggle could want ; )

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

@no+ban+more+caution I've just checked and, unfortunately, they will self delete from the Planner tomorrow. So that's not an option I'm afraid. 

Staying on Sky+HD
no+ban+more+caution
Topic Author

disks degrade over time, get scratched and take up space don't have, so digital copy is preferred, if a good deal comes a long where affordable I would buy digitally. It seems there is less these days that make Sky a differentiating choice from other services, for us Harry Potter was one of them. 

It is personal choice of course, I guess I was just expressing that this has given rise to pause and consider alternatives which seems reasonable.

no+ban+more+caution
Topic Author

Thanks @oj01, I just figured out how to download remotely to the sky box too lol!

Nevermind I at least I found out this was possible so can do this for more movies or programmes if need to.

Thanks

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@no+ban+more+caution wrote:

It seems there is less these days that make Sky a differentiating choice from other services, for us Harry Potter was one of them. 

Unfortunately no platform can expect to purchase permanent rights to content unless it's an 'original' where they funded production.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
no+ban+more+caution
Topic Author

Thanks @TimmyBGood I don't eBay (hasn't been a good experience), but thanks for putting up this info for others to see. I will look to see how much on sky store digitally or Amazon prime so not help to fortune by any streaming/ subscription service.

@no+ban+more+caution they are available on Sky Store Buy & Keep digitally. This is much safer than downloading from Sky Cinema as you get to keep them even if you change boxes at any time (which is inevitable eventually) 

Staying on Sky+HD
This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

@no+ban+more+caution wrote:

disks degrade over time, get scratched and take up space don't have, so digital copy is preferred, <snip>

Not if treated properly, I have DVD here that are decades old and still as good as the day I purchased them

As mentined earlier, Sky does have Buy and keep that can be accessed without a monthly subscription, I can access my Buy and Keep movies on my LG Smart TV, PC and iPads, no sky box required

no+ban+more+caution
Topic Author

@Annie+UKI’m happy for you your dvd’s have lasted you well, not same experience for all and everyone has different circumstances. For me digital copies works best.

Sky store is good so as I have said in prior post will be a good option to consider for digital copy. Thanks to @oj01  I learnt how to download remotely today, so all's not lost.

This message was authored by P0tshot This message was authored by: P0tshot

Harry Potter Films Can't be downloaded

I am watching through the Harry Potter films with the kids this weekend. Watched 1 and 2 fine over the last couple of days.

However my download of 3 is saying now not available and all of the movies seem to have the picture, but no content. 

Am I missing something or has anyone else experienced this?

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion