Discussion topic: HOW DO WE WATCH OPPENHEIMER FOR FREE ON SKY?

This message was authored by Roxxy1 This message was authored by: Roxxy1

HOW DO WE WATCH OPPENHEIMER FOR FREE ON SKY?

IT SEEMS TO BE FREE AS A REWARD AND WE HAVE BEEN WITH SKY 7 YEARS BUT I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO WATCH IT FOR FREE.  CAN ANYONE HELP>

ROXY

Best Answers
This message was authored by Timelord2018 This message was authored by: Timelord2018 Answer

Re: HOW DO WE WATCH OPPENHEIMER FOR FREE ON SKY?

@TimmyBGood wrote:

@Roxxy1 

I'm not aware of any such offer: it's very unlikely to be the case while the film remains an item in Sky Store (and, frankly, to cash in on the awards 'buzz')

The release to Sky Cinema (apparently in April) will be 'free' (no extra cost) to Cinema subscribers.

It's 12th April 

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Roxxy1 

I'm not aware of any such offer: it's very unlikely to be the case while the film remains an item in Sky Store (and, frankly, to cash in on the awards 'buzz')

The release to Sky Cinema (apparently in April) will be 'free' (no extra cost) to Cinema subscribers.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Roxxy1 

I do see Oppenheimer is listed at no cost as a digital 'Buy and Keep' item in the 'Sky VIP' dropdown when signed into Sky Store if you've never redeemed the 'free gift' movie which is typically available after initially signing up for Sky VIP.

VIP.png

VIP_2.png

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Timelord2018 This message was authored by: Timelord2018

Free Sky VIP gift doesn't appear for me

Looks like it's 1 of 4 films ?

https://www.sky.com/pages/vip/Your-Welcome-Gift-Choose-A-Movie-On-Us

This message was authored by Timelord2018 This message was authored by: Timelord2018 Answer

@TimmyBGood wrote:

@Roxxy1 

It's 12th April 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Timelord2018 wrote:

Free Sky VIP gift doesn't appear for me

Looks like it's 1 of 4 films ?

This is the link you need when logged into it as there are many films to choose from including Oppenheimer:

https://www.skystore.com/n/mvse/sky-vip/sky-vip-gift

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Rosemary25 This message was authored by: Rosemary25

Hi, When folowing the link, the Oppenheim film does not show the in the VIP £0.00 offer only the paid for option.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Tony

This message was authored by Timelord2018 This message was authored by: Timelord2018

Didn't work for me  either.

@Rosemary25 wrote:

Hi, When folowing the link, the Oppenheim film does not show the in the VIP £0.00 offer only the paid for option.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Tony

@Rosemary25 

Have you had a free Sky VIP film from that selection previously ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
This message was authored by Rosemary25 This message was authored by: Rosemary25

Hi, yes, I have quite a few films over the years.

Thanks

@Rosemary25 wrote:

Hi, yes, I have quite a few films over the years.

Thanks

I'm not talking about films that Sky add as an offer to Sky VIP lke the current Mamma Mia film but the free film you can claim when you joined Sky VIP ?

Thanks for your help, along with others I read the offer as being for vip members not people who have just joined. I will know in future, thanks again for explaining.

@Rosemary25 

If you are a Sky Movies customer it looks like the 12th April is when you can view it on Sky Movies Premier.

This message was authored by ianmerseyside This message was authored by: ianmerseyside

I see Oppenheimer is now available on Sky Cinema.  All the showings are in HD.  Does anyone know when the UHD HDR version will be available?

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@ianmerseyside wrote:

I see Oppenheimer is now available on Sky Cinema.  All the showings are in HD.  Does anyone know when the UHD HDR version will be available?

hi @ianmerseyside 

I am not too sure it is available now even in HD - it is due on  SKY Cinema this Friday - hopefully the UHD version will be available then.

Although I should mention a while ago SKY did often have problems releasing UHD versions to coincide with premieres on the SKY channels ,  so it is possible it may still take a day or two more for the UHD versions but I think they have been better in recent months in making the, available. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion