Discussion topic: Episode run-times on Disney+

This message was authored by Mr+Ripley This message was authored by: Mr+Ripley

Episode run-times on Disney+

Does anyone know why episode run-times for series episodes have been removed on Disney+? It's a strange thing to do & frankly a bit annoying. It's where you select a series & then scroll down to Episodes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extraordinary Attorney Woo is THE BEST foreign series on Netflix

All Replies

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

Re: Episode run-times on Disney+

@Mr+Ripley 

It's presumably to encourage people to just press play so they can see the duration on the progress bar once the stream has started and hopefully continue watching. 

Before the change, if someone was a bit tired, saw the duration first and decided not to start watching, that's one viewer less counted by Disney's viewer tracking logs. 

This message was authored by ozsat This message was authored by: ozsat

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

It may be because the run-time is dependent on whether you get the ad-free version or not.

But I'm still seeing run-times on the highest tier.

@Mr+Ripley wrote:

Does anyone know why episode run-times for series episodes have been removed on Disney+? It's a strange thing to do & frankly a bit annoying. It's where you select a series & then scroll down to Episodes.

================================================
SkyQ Silver bundle (V2 2TB with UHD/HDR + two minis) in Sky region #71 (Oxford) using VirginMedia Gig1 Fibre (1.2Gbps/100Mbps).

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@ozsat wrote:

It may be because the run-time is dependent on whether you get the ad-free version or not.

@Mr+Ripley wrote:

I was wondering this, as i guess the length of ads will differ so the runtime may appear inaccurate

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

@ozsat wrote:

@Mr+Ripley wrote:

No run-times on the Disney+ app on any of my TVs or (non-Sky) streaming devices and I'm on the top subscription tier. 

Perhaps the Disney+ app on the Sky platform hasn't been fully updated on all servers yet. 

This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

That is annoying.

I mean it is fine for programmes like the simpsons, abbot elementary, and the great north. I just assume they are 22 minutes long each

But then you have 'the bear', episodes could be any length of time from 20 minutes to 66 minutes

---------
ROI sky Q Customer

Mr+Ripley
Topic Author

@nolte wrote:

That is annoying.

I mean it is fine for programmes like the simpsons, abbot elementary, and the great north. I just assume they are 22 minutes long each

But then you have 'the bear', episodes could be any length of time from 20 minutes to 66 minutes

This is what I mean by being annoying ( above in bold ). I'm in charge of our TV entertainment ( my partner is quite happy with this btw, I'm not some kind of TV ogre ) & each day I like to work out what we'll be watching in the evening & with that comes the need to know how long episodes are. It's not like the old days anymore when a programme was generally 30 minutes or 60 minutes long, it's all changed & series episodes are now various lengths. I also have the top-tier package with Disney+, hopefully, they'll rethink this & put the run times back, even if they have to work it out for packages with ads & those without.

I haven't checked, but does this also affect other platforms that have different tier packages?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mr+Ripley
Topic Author

@ozsat wrote:

@Mr+Ripley wrote:

@ozsat  May I ask which series you are seeing run times for? I checked about half a dozen yesterday from our Watchlist & none of them had a run time.

This message was authored by ozsat This message was authored by: ozsat

Re-checking it is one-offs I'm seeing it on - the episdoes only display the time in the progress bar.

================================================
SkyQ Silver bundle (V2 2TB with UHD/HDR + two minis) in Sky region #71 (Oxford) using VirginMedia Gig1 Fibre (1.2Gbps/100Mbps).

Mr+Ripley
Topic Author

@Mr+Ripley wrote:

Well, well, it would seem that Robert Iger, or Bob as I like to call him, has read my post on here & has listened to me. The episode run times are back again. Score 1 for the little guy.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion