Discussion topic: Domina Trailer - coming very soon

This message was authored by SDR This message was authored by: SDR

Domina Trailer - coming very soon

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

7942AAB4-9830-4FCA-8BFD-F8D77D27C2AF.jpeg

Sky today releases the official trailer and key art for brand new Sky original, Domina, and confirms the series will debut on 14 May on Sky Atlantic and streaming service NOW.

The epic historical drama series brings to life the power struggles of Ancient Rome from a different perspective; that of the women. It follows the life and extraordinary rise of Livia Drusilla, who overcame adversity to become the most powerful woman in the world.

Kasia Smutniak plays Livia Drusilla, with the young Livia played by Nadia Parkes (The Spanish Princess).  They are supported by an international stellar cast including Liam Cunningham (Game of Thrones) playing Livius, Livia’s father, and Colette Tchantcho (The Witcher) as Antigone, Livia’s best friend, ex-slave and closest ally.

The ensemble cast also includes Matthew McNulty, Christine Bottomley, Ben Batt, Enzo Cilenti, Claire Forlani and Alex Lanipekun. Isabella Rossellini makes an appearance as Balbina, an early enemy of Livia.

Domina is produced by Fifty Fathoms (Fortitude), Tiger Aspect and Sky Studios, with Cattleya providing executive production services. The series is created and written by Simon Burke with acclaimed Australian filmmaker Claire McCarthy as lead director.

Stuart R
I am responsible for the content, but not the way it is presented, I have some sight issues
Auto-Correct is my enemy.
If this is your first post - Welcome
Sky Glass - No Puck

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Domina Trailer - coming very soon

@SDR 

The landscape at the start looks like it was created on the Ubisoft AnvilNext games engine: I'm going to grade it as 'must try harder next time' ; )

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
SDR
Topic Author
This message was authored by SDR This message was authored by: SDR

@TimmyBGood wrote:

@SDR 

The landscape at the start looks like it was created on the Ubisoft AnvilNext games engine: I'm going to grade it as 'must try harder next time' ; )

You aren't wrong 😂😂😂😂

Stuart R
I am responsible for the content, but not the way it is presented, I have some sight issues
Auto-Correct is my enemy.
If this is your first post - Welcome
Sky Glass - No Puck
This message was authored by Plektrum This message was authored by: Plektrum

It does look like another mid-budget Euro-pudding that will probably garner Sky some healthy international sales but it doesn't look particular compelling but I believe the lead is a fairly well known actress in Italy so imagine that is its primary market. 

—————————————————————————————————————————————————
Still in search of a great signature! I’ll get there one day!
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Plektrum @SDR 

Season One* of 'Spartacus' for me, and 'Gods of the Arena' ; )

*Two and Three, not so much...

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Plektrum This message was authored by: Plektrum

@TimmyBGood wrote:

@Plektrum @SDR 

Season One* of 'Spartacus' for me, and 'Gods of the Arena' ; )

*Two and Three, not so much...

I really liked the latter seasons... the loss of Andy Whitfield really cast a shadow over them but they were still totally entertaining seasons of tv.

Sadly I don't see this (Domina) embracing the pulpier aspects that made Spartacus such a blast...

—————————————————————————————————————————————————
Still in search of a great signature! I’ll get there one day!

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion