Discussion topic: Do Sky still spy on you and sell viewing habit data to advertisers?

This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

Re: Do Sky still spy on you and sell viewing habit data to advertisers?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I had based it on this:

• I set a series link for a documentary series about a very painful and private part of my life 

I apologise for the assumption.

I have googled stuff on my own health worries, then received ads on Facebook about them

---------
ROI sky Q Customer
This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

My last post on this and I am done:

You should look at the "privacy & security" section on Facebook.

I cleared these.

Inspired by this, I oozed

Since the last time I cleared it, facebook adding 397 apps & websites that they use to get data on me.

Facebook also think home buying is a big interest (and no, I don't watch any of those daytime programmes about buying houses or renovating houses so they didn't get that from sky. Sorry),  wine, beer (I don't drink alcohol) and various other things

You can also "download your information " from Facebook in this section.

---------
ROI sky Q Customer
HopeItsChips
Topic Author
This message was authored by HopeItsChips This message was authored by: HopeItsChips

It may not surprise you to learn that I have Facebook as locked down as it is possible to. 

There's definitely nothing productive going to come from carrying this on, so g'night and see ya.

This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

@HopeItsChips 

It is clear from your points that Sky doesn't believe in privacy, I've confirmed them snooping on DNS, scanning the LAN, etc... to obtain as much information as possible about their customers for data harvesting purposes and profit...

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.
This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

@HopeItsChips 

Sky uses Qualtrics XM and Adobe platforms for marketing, mass data gathering and profiling purposes. 😉

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion