Discussion topic: Counting the days

This message was authored by Stniuk This message was authored by: Stniuk

Counting the days

Or months actually. My contract is up next year and I'm thinking of cancelling sky. Why?

There's literally nothing worth watching. There's plenty of channels but it's mostly, 99%, mindless rubbish. I did an experiment of watching, Netflix, Prime, Apple TV along with the iPlayer, itvx etc apps on my apple tv. I didn't miss the sky box at all. Sure there's plenty of pap on these other services but for £55 a month sky is just not worth it. £660 a year.  So I'm afraid the sky q box will be going back next year. I've been a sky subscriber pretty well since it started . 

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Counting the days

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Stniuk 

Okay, you're entitled to your opinion. If you don't think it's value for money any more then leave when you're able to. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Counting the days

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Stniuk wrote:

There's literally nothing worth watching

I did an experiment of watching, Netflix, Prime, Apple TV along with the iPlayer, itvx etc apps on my apple tv. I didn't miss the sky box at all.

I've been a sky subscriber pretty well since it started

I'd observe that the television market has changed completely over the thirty-five years since Sky first transmitted in 1989, and the UK broadcast channels are now having to compete  with global streamers which have almost infinitely deep pockets for commissioning new content and hoovering up back-catalogue material for exclusive distribution.

It's perhaps also worth noting that they are largely doing so using huge borrowing or cross-subsidy from elsewhere in their parent organisations, and may not have a sustainable business model at current pricing.

The BBC, of course, is rather an anomaly with its £3.8 billion of TV Licence Fee revenue to spend each year.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion