Discussion topic: Changes to the Sky TV guide - May 2023

This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22

Changes to the Sky TV guide - May 2023

Posted by a Sky employee

Keep up with the latest changes to the Sky TV Guide on Sky+, Sky Q and Sky Glass/Stream.

This list is updated weekly for the week ahead but may still change.

Monday 1st 

• Supernatural (Satellite 311 - Glass 311) renames to Sky ScFi/Horror / Sky ScFi/HorHD (reverting from

Tuesday 2nd

• Sky Cinema Comedy (Satellite 308 - Glass 308) changes name to SkyRomComsHD / Sky Rom Coms

Wednesday 3rd

• Sky News will launch temporarily into the EPG in UHD at 904 on Sky Glass and Sky Stream only for the Coronation this Saturday.  The UHD channel won’t carry any programming until Saturday morning.

Thursday 4th

• DAZN PPV HD launches to 495 on Sky+ and Sky Q. Watch unmissable boxing events on DAZN PPV. To buy and watch DAZN PPV events, sign up at dazn.com/skyuk or call UK: 0870 248 0000 / ROI: 01 55 66 555 

Friday 5th

• SkyComicbook (Satellite 302 - Glass 30​2) renames to Sky Vengeance / VengeanceHD
    • Sky Greats (Satellite 304/849 - Glass 304) renames to Julia Roberts / JuliaRobertsHD

Monday 8th

• Sky Megahits (Satellite 303 - Glass 303) changes name to​ ​Sky Hits HD 

Tuesday 9th

• Julia Roberts (Satellite 304/849 - Glass 304) renames to  Sky Greats / Sky Greats HD

Saturday 13th

• SkyVengeance (Satellite 30​2 - Glass 302) changes name to Fast & Furious / Fast&FuriousHD 

Tuesday 16th

• Sky Rom Coms (Satellite 308 - Glass 308) changes name to Sky Comedy / Sky Comedy HD 

Thursday 18th

• Sky Animation (Satellite 305 - Glass 305) changes name to Sky FairytaleHD

Tuesday 23rd

• Sky Fairytale (Satellite 305 - Glass/Stream 305) changes name to SkyAnimationHD

Friday 26th 

• Nicktoons (Satellite 605 - Glass/Stream 204(ROI) 205 (UK)) changes to NickSpongeBob
    • Sky Fast&Furious (Satellite 30​2 - Glass/Stream 302) changes name to ​SkySpider-Man and Spider-Man HD
    • Sky Family (Satellite 306/850 - Glass/Stream 306) renames to Sky Family Classics

Wednesday 31st 

• India Today launches at EPG number 523 on Sky+/Sky Q in the UK only

Useful link

TV channel list on Sky Glass

Channels available on Sky Go

Sky TV channels on PlayStation and Xbox

Sky Glass Playlist explained 

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

All Replies

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

Re: Changes to the Sky TV guide - May 2023

@Chloe-W22 You able to pin this to the top to replace April please?

This message was authored by bob1234 This message was authored by: bob1234

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Any way of persuading Sky not to keep doing these pointless channel name changes, it achieves nothing except to confuse.

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

@bob1234 wrote:

Any way of persuading Sky not to keep doing these pointless channel name changes, it achieves nothing except to confuse.

The channels are mainly Sky Cinema so don't bother me as I use On Demand thus the name is irrelevant, who wants to wait for a specific date/time to watch when you can watch whenever 🙂

This message was authored by bob1234 This message was authored by: bob1234

@Annie+UK wrote:

@bob1234 wrote:

The channels are mainly Sky Cinema so don't bother me as I use On Demand thus the name is irrelevant, who wants to wait for a specific date/time to watch when you can watch whenever 🙂

If irrelevant why bother to change them.

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

I have to disagree. It's great that @Chloe-W22 or anyone from Sky does this. It's very helpful. One can just ignore this if you not interested

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

@bob1234 wrote:

@Annie+UK wrote:

@bob1234 wrote:

If irrelevant why bother to change them.

Marketing Dept 😞

Edit: Forgot to ask, on Sky Stream do you still use the channels by name (especially for Sky Cinema) or can you search and add to your playlist bypassing the need to see the names

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

@bob1234 wrote:

Not a Sky Cinema subscriber, but have wondered for many years why Sky do this.
From a distance it does seem odd and rather lame changing them so often.

All I can assume is from a Marketing point of view it must work somehow, otherwise why would Sky continue doing it.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@lettice wrote:

All I can assume is from a Marketing point of view it must work somehow, otherwise why would Sky continue doing it.

I bet it keeps several people at Sky in work, because aside from the name change itself, something like "Julia Roberts / JuliaRobertsHD" presumably involves a fair amount of content rights negotiation.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by redsky88 This message was authored by: redsky88

You can only assume Sky have data that shows people like the theme pop ups. I don't mind a few , Christmas, Halloween, Valentines maybe Oscars etc make sense, but I do wonder if it really translates into views. Surely most people consume Cinema on demand?

This message was authored by MacjackB0 This message was authored by: MacjackB0

A lot is written about Android boxes, fire sticks etc. Broadcasters who charge a lot, like Sky, don't help themselves when they make short-notice changes like the decision to show highlights of an old English football match instead of the live event that was scheduled for right now on Sky Football. The more they do this, the more people will turn away.

This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

@MacjackB0 wrote:

A lot is written about Android boxes, fire sticks etc. Broadcasters who charge a lot, like Sky, don't help themselves when they make short-notice changes like the decision to show highlights of an old English football match instead of the live event that was scheduled for right now on Sky Football. The more they do this, the more people will turn away.

@MacjackB0 What was scheduled to be shown live? 

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@MacjackB0 wrote:

A lot is written about Android boxes, fire sticks etc.

Yes, frequently on these lines:

https://www.cordbusters.co.uk/illegal-iptv-bust-bt-sport-scheme/ 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by jamesrobinson6 This message was authored by: jamesrobinson6

Any news on next week's changes please? Thank you 

@jamesrobinson6 Indeed. Hopefully some big announcement as not had one for a while, and with the price increases recently,I think we are did something soon

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion